Experienced Corporate Finance, Accounting in London. Investment Appraisal, WACC, financial and management accounting all covered. Online tuition (any time).
- at your home
- By webcam
1st lesson is free!
This tutor has passed all tests and is officially one of our best tutors. They proudly carries our values (...).
**Certificate Level Accounting tester site: epr01.wordpress.com/menu-2/services/10-pl-and-sofp/**
My methods vary to suit students and their needs.
For students studying for an exam (first time sitting or otherwise), I offer three main pathways:
* individual tuition - students love this. Expect to do the homework and stay on top of it. Allows for personalised comments about your study skills as well as technical knowledge. Particularly useful for those who want to specialise in that topic after qualification or who have seen surprising results. £40/hr
* website - currently under construction and suited to students who want see me work through different questions, for example Hexham PLC long questions or representative Non-Current Assets MCQ in the ICAEW study manual. Each section is priced. Have a look and see. Tester site: epr01.wordpress.com/menu-2/services/ Prices range from £20 to £30 per module.
* small group learning - the halfway house for those who prefer being spoken to, but don’t want to be the focus of an hour. Very good for rapid revision. Short bit on theory, then questions. Groups are no larger than six, Zoom-type setup. Generally, show you how to handle topics with question bank examples. £20/hr, camera often off.
For those who are interested in preparing for a new course, for example because you are doing exploratory work before your next set of books arrive. You really want me to give you a high-level overview of the key points. The small group learning approach is a good first step.
Contact me and let’s chat.
I graduated in Chemical Engineering, became a qualified chartered accountant (ACA) and have over a decade of post qualification experience in accounting, audit and finance. I am now taking a career break to study a PhD in Chemical Engineering. It is something I have always wanted to do and indulges my love of numbers and numerical analysis.
My experience leaves me uniquely placed to tutor:
• Finance – Investment appraisal, NPV, IRR, ARR, payback, dividend valuation model, CAPM, WACC. Particular experience in Imperial College Business School and University of Bath's corporate finance modules.
• Financial and Management Accounting – all aspects at university, business school and professional qualification levels. Practical experience of accounting modules from Imperial Business School, University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent Business Schools.
• Mathematics – A-Level, business maths, engineering maths and university applied maths. Extensive experience of tutoring the Edexcel syllabus at A-Level to Year 13 students and engineering maths/ further maths to Imperial College, University of Surrey and Coventry University engineering students.
As an ICAEW accountant, I am able to provide support for particular topics or more rounded help for revision. I tutor both in-person and online.
No course is too difficult and no lecturer too incomprehensible. I am happy to teach anyone. Groups and mature students are especially welcome. Send me a message and we can discuss the specifics of your situation and take things from there.
**Note: The first lesson is 30 mins at no cost to allow us to get to know each other and for me to assess if I am the best tutor for you. Subsequent lessons range from 1hr to 2hrs depending on your needs.**
Perfect! Dorothy is an excellent accounting tutor - really patient, helpful, and gives clear explanations.
Perfect! Dorothy is an amazing tutor. very intelligent and very patient. Highly recommended!
Perfect! Wealth of knowledge, can teach at any level and gives good strategies for how to handle and tackle exam questions.
Perfect! Dorothy was absolutely fab! Worked through all of the questions that I had selected and I felt so much more confident after just one session. And passed the exam a week later. Would definitely recommend!!
Perfect! Really helpful session. Dorothy helped me build a cash flow for a business idea.
View more reviews
Dorothy is simply amazing. I just passed my accountancy exam (which I had failed 3 times in a row before) with flying colours and it was all because of her.
She takes the time to listen to you and understand where you feel like you are having problems and then she works along side you to find the best and most comfortable way to deal with those problems.
One thing that I really liked is that she has absolutely no problem with explaining a topic again and again and again, until you understand.
Dorothy responded quickly and efficiently to my initial enquiry. The session was well tailored to my needs and abilities; the pace was just right and and time taken to explain answers. I found Dorothy patient and conscientious and would recommend her.
Dorothy has filled many gaps in my knowledge, as well as making me feel a lot more confident and interested in the subject. Dorothy's teaching style is perfect for me. Any question I throw out at her she is able to respond back with a very easy and clear explanation, making studying a lot less daunting. She is extremely patient and if you don't understand a topic she will explain it over and over again. I have thoroughly enjoyed studying with her!
Dorothy was hugely knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and found easy ways to explain statistical indices through basic examples which I initially found challenging.
On top of this, firstly, Dorothy spent a further 30 minutes with me until we finished the test we were working through. Secondly, she instigated a Skype call the following morning to go over the spreadsheets we had been working on previously.
View more recommendations
Explain the theory with practical examples acquired in both academic and industry environment in the last 35 years. I make...
My teaching strategy is to first student to read before coming to classes, then I explain them and at the end of class they...
My teaching methods are very interesting. Firstly, I make students clear with the concepts step by step. I give examples to...
My teaching methods are very different and Unique. Firstly I encourage students to ask questions as many times as they need...
I like to hold interactive sessions with my class using methodologies like cooperative learning, PowerPoint presentations,...
Following are elaborations on how I approach and formulate my teaching preferences: Conceptualization and constructs: to...
I have loads of exercises/questions to work on. I am also very adept in mathematical thinking - that's why Econ101 was so...
I focus a lot on practice. I start from easy questions and incrementally increase the level of difficulty. I also give...
I would go straight into the subject and review related basic theories along the way. If you are a working professional with...
I am highly structured and process oriented. I go at a normal pace and make sure my students understand the concepts, that...
Paris 20e, France
Young man holds a Master degree in Finance from Paris Dauphine I am currently in preparation of the DMAS (Die Expertise...
Paris 20e, France
Young man with a master's degree in finance from Paris Dauphine I am currently in the process of preparing for the DSCG...
My methodology is to teach using stories and examples from real life giving students something that they are familiar with...
I teach with lot of examples, animations and videos to make the subject fun and interactive. I also include lot of problems...
Paris 10e, France
I have a Master Degree in Finance from a Business School. I propose courses in finance and accounting. At the beginning, the...
I teach with the use of practical examples where I've encountered them for most part of the subject being taught. I break...
During my bachelor's, I have coached over 100 students of different ages and regions. My class style is designed for...
Leicester, United Kingdom
I teach in a non-conventional way where each tutoring session is catered to your needs. No two students are alike, hence why...
My approach is to identify where the student is having problems: either with the applied side of a problem or with the...
As I am a practicing professional who adapts to the teaching style that best suits the student. I may be demonstrative on...
Using simple words tied to examples & case studies as an initial stage to the subject. Then, and after understanding the...
Describe the problem encountered with this ad