I usually teach using a combination of explanatory classes, audiovisual content and problem solving, using pre-made slide-shows as little as possible, prioritizing student-teacher interactions and out-of-the-box thinking, in order to help students develop a mind of their own and give them the tools to solve the problems without needing to rely on memorizing formulas, but rather understanding them.
I'm open minded and appreciate students which bring forth new perspectives, point out mistakes and show better approaches to problems. I'm also very commited to my students, in the sense of being available for the largest amount of time possible and always trying to answer to their questions promptly, even if it requires me to research and/or learn (or re-learn) a subject.
I am a bachelor in Economics with a degree by the Federal University of Juiz de Fora (Brazil) and certified specialist in Applied Finance by the Pontificial Catholic University of Minas Gerais (Brazil). I've taught, as a teaching assistant, Economietrics and advanced Statistics for students in the Business Administration and Economics majors.
I also worked as a financial risk consultant for two years at Deloitte, following graduation, applying Math, Statistics and Econometrics directly to real life problems in large organizations as banks and Oil & Gas, acquiring new and state-of-the-art knowledge with hads-on experience.
Throughout my entire adult life I also taught English as a second laguage, both at English Schools and as a private tutor, in a total os 12 years of experience dealing with students from diverse backgrounds and different ages.
• Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance – PUC Minas (Brazil) (2019);
• BSc in Economics – Federal University of Juiz de Fora (Brazil) (2017).
CNA – Cultural Norte Americano – 02/2019 - 07/2019
• English instructor
English instruction for foreigner Portuguese speakers on Basic, Intermediate and Advanced levels.
Preparation for IELTS, TOEFL, CAE and FCE exams.
Salvex Inc – 03/2019 to 07/2019
• Management of client portfolio in Oil & Gas and Clean Energy industries.
• Sales of several commodities throughout North America, as well as providing customer service and pre and post-sale support for both buyers and sellers.
• Prospecting new businesses, creating rapport with clients and expanding brand presence throughout new markets, with focus in Latin America and Middle East.
DELOITTE TOUCHE TOHMATSU – 01/2017 to 11/2018.
Business Analyst (Risk Advisory/Financial Risk – Rio de Janeiro Office).
• Internal and External Audit of major clients in Energy and Insurance sectors.
• Consulting for financial services industry, insurance and pension funds clients, involving mapping, design and enhancement of critical processes, operational risk assessment, risk controls development and administrative processes management.
• Implementation of IFRS9 financial instruments, analysis and design of internal controls and processes for calculation, accounting and disclosure of financial instruments within financial institutions, in accordance to IFRS9 in some of the top 10 largest banks in Brazil.
Federal University of Juiz de Fora
• Econometrics Teaching Assistant – 01/2016 – 12/2016
Econometrics I teaching assistantship and mentoring at college level for Economics and Business undergraduate students.
Gabriel is an excellent econometrics teacher. I already had the opportunity to learn from him. I definitely recommend him as a teacher!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest economics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, business lessons for all!
Taking finance lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|