- Hourly rate $35
- Response Time 24h
Unfortunately, this tutor is unavailable
Ottawa U PhD in Spanish offers private Spanish lessons in Ottawa- Gatineau
- at your home
- By webcam
About the lesson
I approach subjects with flexibility, depending on my students´ expectations and needs. I typically have a vocabulary section, then we practice some grammar skills, and we finalize with some culture reading, song, article or short story. However I always tailor the lessons to suit my students and to make them feel comfortable.
- Spanish speaking
- Spanish vocabulary
- Elementary School
- Junior High / Middle School
- High School
Masters/ Graduate School
Early childhood education
I am a native speaker from Colombia, with a Masters and a PhD in Spanish earned at the University of Ottawa. I have taught in three different universities both in Canada and in the U.S. I was also nominated for the Capital´s Best Educator Award in 2012.
Karem has been my teacher for few years now. She teaches me Spanish. She has great skills in teaching both vocabulary and grammar. She always comes prepared for the class, she is always on time. She is very patient, explaining grammar or vocabulary difficulties and giving examples of usage. She has a real talent for making the pupil talk, which is so important when learning a foreign language. It is a real pleasure learning with her, as she is always in good spirits, great to talk to and easy to learn from.
View more recommendations
- 5 h: $150
- 10 h: $300
- + $$10
- $ 30/h
My rates are as follows:
- I offer discounted rates based on the number of hours you want to pay upfront.
- I do not negotiaite my rate, no exceptions. Please consider that I have a PhD in Spanish, that I have devoted many years to become a great teacher, and that I need to make a living of my career. This is not a hobbie or a side job.
- If you refer a friend, your rate per hour will have a 5 dollar reduction.
- If you want to have classes with a friend, the rate per hour will be 45 + travel time charges.
If you and a group of friends, up to 5, want to take lessons, the rate per hour will be $80 dollars + travel time charges.
- i understand that we all have personal emergencies, and unforseen events. However, since this is my job, I need to have a steady income. If you cancel within 48 hours, there will be a 50 % cancellation fee, based on the hourly rate.
Within 24 hours, there will be a 75% cancellation fee, based on the hourly rate.
As a gesture of good faith, if I have to miss a class, the same cancellation fees will be applied in your favour.