My teaching method follows the view of empowering students to teach themselves. I answer questions students may have and focus on teaching students the power of enthusiasm for their subject matter as well as study skills.
I have a master's in health sciences. I also have B.A. in psychology, High Honours, and it focused on developmental cognitive psychology. I have another B.A. in Sociology/Anthropology. I have about five years of experience as a tutor, and enjoy watching students increase their knowledge and enthusiasm for learning.
• Master of Health Sciences, convocating May 30, 2019
University of Lethbridge
• Bachelor of Arts (High Honours) in Psychology (Cognitive developmental), 2008
• Bachelor of Arts in Sociology/Anthropology, 1998
• Undergraduate courses in Health Sciences, University of Lethbridge 03/13 – 06/14
Specifically, successfully completed a variety of undergraduate Health Sciences courses: Healing Emotional Pain and Trauma in Recovery, Behavioural Addictions, Introduction to the Counselling Interview, Health Education and Promotion, Family Life Cycle in Addiction, Counselling I (Individual Counselling), Studies in Specific Disorders, Global Mental Health: China, prior to beginning M.Sc. program.
• Industrial/Organizational Psychology 09/14 – 22/14
• English Introduction Composition class 09/14 – 22/14
• Number of courses in Elementary Education, University of Alberta 09/10 – 11/12
Including, managing the learning environment, educational assessment, elementary school science, technical tools for teaching, elementary school art, math, physical education, introduction to movement and active children, elementary social studies elementary route in general, ethics and law in teaching, school music, interactive multimedia, and a first level practicum.
• Mathematics: Calculus, Algebra, Ordinary Differential Equations, Theory of Functions of a Complex Variable, Discrete Mathematics, Ring Theory
• Undergraduate thesis completed at Carleton University, 2008: Probability Assessment and Self-Confidence in Psychophysical Judgment, for which I received an A.
• Graduate thesis completed at the University of Lethbridge, 2019: Canadian Muslim Immigrants and Western Mainstream Media, a multi-layered piece that branched across a few disciplines; Health Sciences, considering mental health, Sociology, and Media Studies.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
• Time Management - Managing successfully as a long-distance Master’s student while being a volunteer library committee member and, for a short time, a typist and editor.
• Research Background- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research. This includes experience in conducting literature reviews, proficiency in research design, and ability in creating interview questions. Additional expertise in research includes reviewing and analyzing numerous journal articles, including critical analysis of primary, secondary and fictional sources. Other skills still are effective documenting abilities, writing reports, and confidentiality, familiarity with the human subject ethics approval process. Finally, other aptitudes are collecting data, interpreting and presenting quantitative data.
• Computer-Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Power Point, SPSS, NVIVO, Internet and Email, Excel, and Endnotes, a reference program.
• Teamwork-Team oriented. Works well with people from different backgrounds and cultures. Dedicated and self-motivated with high standards of performance.
PROFESSIONAL AND VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
• Editor and Typist for Dr. Mahfooz Kanwar, Professor Emeritus, Department of Sociology, Mount Royal University 01/17 – 03/19
• Elite Education Centre, Edmonton AB 09/10 – 12/11 Tutor
09/08 – 08/09 Tutor
09/05 – 06/06 Tutor
• Library Committee Member 09/16 – 04/17
• Front Desk Person at the Native Centre at the University of Calgary 10/14 – 11/14
• Participated in teaching development activities related to the Graduate Student Teaching Program (2017).
• Received a Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans (TCPS 2) tutorial certificate and attended an Ethics workshop in 2016.
REFERENCES & TRANSCRIPTS
*Transcripts and references available upon request
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
• Advanced Education Students Finance Board Graduate Scholarship for $3,000.00 in 2017
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$20||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$17||$200|