My teaching methodology is using real-life examples, case studies, take home reinforcement worksheets and using concept maps.
I am very open to feedback and adjusting my classes according to the learning style of my student.
I am a middle and high school guidance counselor with over 5 years of experience. I have pursued my masters in counseling. I have worked with students on various academic, emotional and social concerns. I feel passionate about psychology and teaching the subject.
M.A. Counselling 2010-2012
• Cumulative GPA: 5.08/6.0 (Grade A, top 10% of class)
• Dissertation on ‘Body Image of College Going Women in Mumbai’
• College Peer Supporter, 2010-2012
BHSc. (Hons) Major: Human Development and Childhood Studies 2007-2010
• First Class Honors (top 10% of class)
• Elected College Cultural Officer, Students’ Association, 2009-2010
• Elected College Joint Secretary, Students’ Association, 2008-2009
• Sports Representative, 2007-2008
DISTRESS CENTRE TORONTO Toronto, Canada
Crisis Line Responder
• Currently undergoing crisis intervention training in the online chat and text service program (ONTX)
• Will support individuals with a variety of issues including distress, social isolation, mental health challenges, addictions, bereavement, marginalization, domestic abuse and suicide
• Will provide a linkage to emergency health and social service programs when necessary
SCOTTISH HIGH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
• Conducted individual sessions on sex education and socio-emotional skills building with children diagnosed with intellectual and developmental disabilities
• Supported Special Educators in developing age appropriate lesson plans and academic modules
• Took on the role of sensitizing the larger community to disabilities by conducting interactive discussions and activities with students enrolled in the mainstream school program
• Led teacher training workshops focused on professional growth and development
• Created a teacher handbook comprising of multiple activities focused on the socio-emotional development of children for teachers to use as a ready reference in classrooms with students
• Worked in liaison with external resource agencies to conduct need based workshops such as substance abuse and cyber safety for students, parents and teachers
HATHA YOGA TEACHER
• Conducted individual hatha yoga classes for children and adults focused on alleviating stress and anxiety through the practice of meditation, pranayama and body postures
THE SHRI RAM SCHOOL - ARAVALI
Senior School Counsellor and Psychology Teacher
• Conducted individual counselling sessions with senior school students relating to personal and social issues such as low self-esteem, depression, anxiety, family problems, peer relationships and interpersonal skills, academic performance and anger management
• Worked in liaison with special educators (disability educators) and teachers regarding the identification and
management of specific needs of students
• Worked with children and youth with ADHD/Autism/Learning Disabilities/Down Syndrome as well as children displaying difficult behaviors with a primary focus on providing emotional support, behavior management and social skills development
• Identified cases of dual diagnosis and provided intervention targeted towards developing healthy coping mechanisms
• Provided socio-emotional support to LGBTQ2S youth and their families
• Conducted counselling sessions and detailed follow ups with parents regarding their child’s emotional, social and academic development
• Core member of the ‘Mentoring Team’ responsible for designing and execution of activity modules pertaining to social-emotional, academic and life skills development. Topics such as trust, self-awareness, body image and sexuality, anti-bullying, disability awareness, emotion regulation, stress management, relaxation, time management, problem solving and peer support
• Took lead in organizing special assemblies on topics such as celebrating world mental health day, coping with examination anxiety and study skills
• Worked in liaison with external resource agencies to conduct need-based workshops such as substance abuse, safe relationships and cyber safety for students, parents and teachers
• Supported teachers with classroom management and creating activity modules relating to self-development and building positive peer relationships to be implemented in the classroom
• Taught the Class 11 Psychology course (ISC curriculum), including the development of instructional and examinational materials
THE CATHEDRAL & JOHN CONNON SCHOOL
Senior School Counsellor and Value Education Teacher
• As sole guidance counsellor for the senior school, conducted individual counselling sessions with adolescent with issues around academic performance, low self-esteem, and family and peer difficulties.
• Conducted counselling sessions and detailed follow-ups with parents regarding their children’s emotional, social and academic development.
• Co-supervised a peer mentoring program which involved training senior school students to become empathetic mentors for elementary and middle school students.
• Taught the Value Education course to middle and high school students with primary emphasis on their life skills development. Through classroom activities and discussions, addressed areas around developing healthy peer relationships, effective communication, bullying, self-esteem, trust, gender sensitization, stress management, team work, problem solving & decision making, and relaxation.
• Organized a workshop titled ‘Understanding the New Age Adolescent’ for all parents and students conducted by two of the country’s preeminent psychiatrists. This workshop provided an in-depth understanding of effective communication, adolescent sexuality and their growing independence
• Certified Yoga Teacher- Completed 200 hours Yoga Teacher Trainer Course, as per the Yoga Alliance USA standards, Rishikesh Yog Dham, Uttarakhand, India 2016
• Certified Level 1 Play Therapist, training conducted by Lucy Bowen, Director of National Association for Play Therapy India, The Cambridge School, New Delhi, India 2016
• Secured 93% in a course offered by coursera on ‘Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science’ certified by University of Pennsylvania 2017
• CEOP training certificate on ‘Child Safeguarding’, The British School, New Delhi, India 2015
• ‘Using circle time to address the socio-emotional needs of young children and adolescents’ conducted by internationally renowned educational specialist Ms. Jenny Mosley, The Shri Ram School, Gurgaon, India 2014
• National Convention for School Counsellors on ‘Identifying Students at Risk- Identification, Prevention and Intervention’ organized by the Institute of Counsellor Training, Research and
Consultancy, New Delhi, India 2013
• ‘Creating Safety Nets for Adolescents’, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, India 2013
• Fitness, tennis, traveling, reading and music
• Young Women’s Group (YWG), Soka Gakkai, 2017- Present, Toronto, Canada
• International upbringing, including Japan (4 years), Thailand (6 years), and India (18 years)
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest stress management lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, personal coaching lessons for all!
Taking life coaching lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|