I have taken on a very holistic teaching approach based on my education in Indigenous Learning. I feel that students should be equal to their teachers. Everyone has something new to offer and students should feel valued in their own learning experiences.
I am currently a university student completing teacher college in Northern Ontario. I have an Honours degree in Indigenous Learning and in Education for grades 1-6. I have done practicums in Thunder Bay, ON and Pikangikum First Nation. I have experience teaching every elementary subject.
Sep 2009 – Jun 2013 Cardinal Leger S.S. (OSSD obtained)
• Honor Roll 2010
• Cardinal Leger’s Link Crew (Sep 2010 - Jun 2011)
o allowed me to mentor Grade 9 students in their transition from elementary to secondary school
• Zonta Club (Sep 2010- Jun 2012)
o this club was focused around women empowerment and providing opportunity to women around the world. We did fundraising and attended the WE Day event, which inspired much of our in-school efforts.
Sep 2013 – Present Lakehead University (Honours Bachelor of Arts – Indigenous Learning and Honours Bachelor of Education (P/J))
• Expected graduation – April 2018
Strong communicative aptitude
• Well-versed and clearly spoken with an extensive vocabulary
• Able to clearly express ideas through a variety of mediums
Great interpersonal and team abilities
• Proficient in leadership roles but also able to take directions
• Follows instructions well but retains ability to take initiative
• Positive responses to constructive criticism
Effective problem solving and decision making
• Knowledgeable in ethics, able to objectively evaluate situations
• Quick thinking and accurate assessment of tasks
• Organized and efficient at completing tasks in plenty of time
• Care for child with special needs, twins, newborns, 4 year old student, 5 year old student, and 2 year old
• Daycare staff
o involving organization of external activities
• Personal Assistant (and Nanny) to an entrepreneur mother of 4
o this role enabled me to enhance my multitasking skills by requiring me to organize events, organize home, and ensure consistent childcare on a daily basis
• Monitoring and providing medications for children
• Planning and monitoring activities and excursions
September 2013 – April 2017 Indigenous Learning Honours Bachelor of Arts student
• This 4 year program provided me with an extensive respect and understanding of the current state of Indigenous well-being and issues in Canada.
September 2017 – April 2018 Lakehead University Teacher Candidate
• Teacher’s Assistant in ESL classroom (Oct. – Nov. 2017)
o during this placement of 20 hours, I was required to assist the ESL teacher in organizing classroom activities which incorporated English language in a way that was fun and encouraging
• Teacher’s Assistant in Grade 1 classroom (Sept. – Nov. 2017)
o this was a part of a Literacy Coaching placement during which I was expected to assist students in the language aspects of their course work which involved reading, writing, and comprehension.
• Teacher Candidate in Grade 5 classroom (Nov. – Dec. 2017)
o this five week placement required me to gradually take on full teaching responsibility. This involved things like lesson planning and evaluation, classroom management, and extracurricular involvement.
January 2018 Building Futures (Ministry of Education)
• Interactive Learning and Resources for Teacher Candidates
March 2018 SafeTalk
• A training session for being alert and equipped for supporting and assisting those in need who are struggling with suicide.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest homework help lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, methodology lessons for all!
Taking afterschool pick-up & baby-sitting lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|