- 01. Learn more about this Fascinating Science!
- 02. Why is it Good to Learn Chemistry?
- 03. Is Chemistry a good career path?
- 04. What are the advantages of having a private tutor?
- 05. What are the prices of tuition classes?
- 06. Should you split the bills?
- 07. Study Chemistry through Online Classes?
- 08. 8 Excellent Reasons to have Online Classes!
- 09. Find the best Tutor in Superprof!
"Chemistry is necessarily an experimental science: its conclusions are drawn from data, and its principles supported by evidence from facts." - Michael Faraday, is famous for his contribution to the study of electromagnetism and electrochemistry.
The academic and working worlds have become more and more competitive in recent years. Due to this competitive environment, more and more students turn to private tuition to reach academic success, make it to their dream university, or get the best marks at school!
In Canada, the popularity of private tutoring centers and tutoring services has grown in recent years. You can find thousands of private tutors in seconds by just searching online. However, it might be hard to understand how much you should be paying your private tutor with the massive difference in hourly rates.
This article will look at the different options you would have to contemplate regarding private Chemistry tuition in Canada, the cost per class, and other exciting information about how private tuition can help you excel in school!
- "Learn all about Chemistry tutoring! Learn in the best way!" Source: Unsplash.
Learn more about this Fascinating Science!
Firstly, chemistry isn't the complex subject many people think it is. To excel in chemistry, you won't have to learn the periodic table of elements by heart and learn to draw every molecule in the universe. Chemistry is more than a fun subject that many students enjoy for its hands-on approach. But if you find yourself going through a difficult time with your chemistry subjects, don't worry! We all have school subjects where we need to put more effort than others. However, this does not mean that you cannot develop the necessary chemistry skills to excel in this incredible subject. Perhaps the only thing you need to do is find the perfect private teacher!
Chemistry can be an unknown world for many of us. Unlike hard(er) science such as maths or physics, chemistry requires a lot of experimental practice, so to make this subject easy to comprehend, you must understand the basics. The chemical sciences go beyond measuring chemical concentrations in solutions by using pH indicators, extracting aromas through distillation from fruit peels, or identifying chemicals through chromatography. These all sound very cool! But surely you are wondering why knowing all this will work for you. Let's find out together and fall in love with this thrilling science!
Why is it Good to Learn Chemistry?
We suggest we get our primary definition right—first things first. What is Chemistry? Chemistry is the science in charge of studying matter's composition, properties, and structures. In short, chemistry is the study of all existing matter, and it can be considered the central science of the natural sciences. Its ubiquity makes it essential for solving problems and finding alternative solutions in diverse fields of knowledge, such as biology, medicine, pharmacy, geology, astronomy, and engineering, among many, many others. Chemistry is the science that helps us understand all the phenomena surrounding us. Its scientific advances have been so significant that they have remarkably impacted our daily lives, improving all our living circumstances.
Do you want to know how recent scientific discoveries in chemistry can revolutionize our lives? Take a look and discover the importance of some of the latest findings of this incredible science!
The Plastic-eating Bacteria
We are all aware of the environmental impact caused by plastic pollution and how the microplastic particles affect all types of ecosystems, posing an immediate risk to human health and biodiversity. Did you know that humans ingest an average of 50,000 plastic particles per year through food and drinks and even breathing? Mind-blowing but, sadly, is true.
To face this problem, we require the urgent establishment of new legislation and joined actions between governments; however, science also plays a crucial role in mitigating as much as possible the consequences that plastic pollution causes today. The chemical sciences, for instance, have sought to develop biodegradable alternatives to plastic, looking for exciting options to facilitate its biodegradation.
It has been seen that the Bacterium Ideonella Sakaiensis 201-F6 is capable of digesting polyethylene terephthalate -also known as PET- one of the most widely used plastics for making beverage and food containers. This type of plastic is resistant to biological decomposition, making total product degradation almost impossible. However, a team of Japanese scientists discovered that this type of bacteria could degrade these materials through an enzyme called: PETase, which divides the plastic molecules to be absorbed by these microorganisms. Now we witness that science fiction is not only found in the cinema!
Latest Advances in Chemistry and AI
As mentioned above, chemistry is a complementary science to many other sciences. In this case, chemistry and artificial intelligence (AI) have contributed to one of the most revolutionary technological advances. Prediction of the three-dimensional structure of proteins is now possible using an Artificial Intelligence (AI)-driven program.
In 2021, scientists from DeepMind, a British artificial intelligence company, determined the structure of 350,000 human proteins. Using this AI, these scientists seek to identify 100 million proteins corresponding to all species. And why is this huge for science? Facilitating the prediction of the structure of proteins may contribute to understanding how they will interact with other molecules, being extremely beneficial, for example, for the development of more effective drugs and with fewer side effects.
Did you know that even now, scientists studying SARS-CoV-2 use this new technology to predict new mutations of the virus? Our favorite science could be winning the battle against COVID-19!
What about the Green Chemistry?
The chemical sciences are also committed to looking for alternatives that lead to environmental sustainability. One of these alternatives is the "Green Chemistry," which involves the design of products and processes that reduce the production of hazardous substances and maximize efficiency in using renewable resources, moving towards genuinely sustainable development. The development of "green chemistry" solutions will be applicable in different fields, such as medicine, agriculture, and the chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
Implementing the "green chemistry" would be critical because the design and proper handling of chemical products and reducing emissions generated during industrial processes could mark a before and after in the ecosystems and biodiversity. Do you realize now the importance that chemistry has in our lives? We bet you do!
Is Chemistry a good career path?
Are you impressed by everything you have just read and want to go further with this fascinating science? Are you thinking of studying chemistry and becoming one of the most famous figures in science? Have you already visualized yourself as one of the following winners of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry?
Whatever your motivations, if you decide to pursue a career as a chemist in Canada, you will have outstanding job opportunities in a wide variety of fields, such as:
- Cosmetic, pharmaceutical, and food industries;
- Manufacturing and production companies;
- Genetic engineering, chemical engineering;
- Forensic scientists;
- Oil and mining companies;
- Disposal and handling of waste;
- Etc, etc., etc.
By studying chemistry, you can accomplish whatever you can imagine! Choosing chemistry as a career path could be an ample opportunity for you. And not just that! We know that money could not be the only priority when choosing a professional career; however, did you know that the average salary reported for chemists is $57,673 per year in Canada? And that within the highest paying cities for chemists, we found Vancouver, London, North York, Markham, and Toronto? This does not sound bad at all. Check out our article to learn more about your future career in Chemistry! And if you are interested, you can find the best Canadian Universities here!
Even though there are many good reasons to study chemistry, if the idea of facing chemical equations every day, wearing a lab coat, or maybe working in a lab isn't your thing, that's perfectly fine too!
Perhaps you're just here because you need extra school help, or you want to catch up with your classmates, or even maybe, you're just interested in learning how to balance chemical reactions. Regardless of your reasons for seeking private chemistry tutoring, you've come to the right place!
Are you ready to excel in chemistry? The moment has come! Now, you will learn about all the benefits of private tutoring, the types of private classes you can find to excel at school and the price of a private chemistry teacher in Canada.
Get to know the best online chemistry tutor here!
What are the advantages of having a private tutor?
If you wonder about all the advantages of having a private tutor, let's get down to them!
- Studying any subject with a private tutor will let you go at your own pace. No rush here, my friend. You will have all the time you need to understand how to balance those chemical equations without pressure! With the help of a private tutor, you will focus on the subjects you struggle with the most, review them as many times as you need, helping you get the best marks!
- Ready to get some 100% personalized attention? Your private teacher will quickly identify your learning style, being able to adapt the contents of the class and the teaching methods that best suit you. Your chemistry tutor will identify your strengths and weaknesses, help you make the most out of them, and always strive to set the most effective elements to improve your learning.
- A private tutor will help you improve your study habits. What would life be without some organization? Probably a mess! This point is essential to be considered since creating habits is how we stay motivated and on the right track over time -even if there is no motivation existing. Taking private chemistry classes will help strengthen your perseverance, patience, organization, and motivation skills for school and life!
- Private tuition will provide you with time-effective learning. One of the advantages of private lessons is that you can improve much faster than in school. With the help of your tutor, you will no longer have the feeling that you will fall behind during class! Two heads are always better than one!
What are the prices of tuition classes?
In recent years, private tutoring has become very popular among the younger generation of Canadian students, especially when it comes to online tutoring. Although online tutoring is preferred, education professionals have noticed an increase in the demand for tutors addressing extra school support in recent years, which has caused tutoring schools, such as Kumon, to become quite popular in Canada.
Did you know that almost 25% of all Canadian students take private lessons? The demand for private tutors have skyrocketed, and prices along with it. If you are looking for a private tutor to keep up with your chemistry classes, you need to know that tutoring services can range from $25 per hour to $100 per hour in Canada. Of course, depending on the level of the student, the teacher's experience, and the subject to be taught.
Also, the price of tutoring classes will vary depending on your city. You will have to expect to pay a better price if you live in bigger cities like Toronto or Vancouver, where the price of tutoring goes around $25-$30 per hour since there is much more competition. If you are going to pay for private tutoring, it has to be well worth it. Finding the best private tutor is a must!
In addition to the tutor's hourly price, you also have to consider the number of classes you need to reach your academic goals. On average, for good learning of complex topics such as analytical chemistry, a minimum of 1 hour per day of tutoring is recommended.
However, you have to keep in mind that you can have intensive chemistry classes, but you may not get the expected results if you don't practice daily. Remember that everything that involves an extra effort is worth it, especially in academic matters. No matter what chemistry subject you have to review or your degree of studies, extra school support will always be an excellent strategy to develop your chemical analytical skills!
Should you split the bills?
With the increase in the cost of tuition for private classes, one of the solutions that have appeared in recent years is to share private tuition with other students. Maybe one of your friends may also need some extra time to practice chemistry, and if that's the case, why not take classes with the same tutor? What better way to motivate yourself than to learn with your friends?
Some private tutors in Canada offer a more affordable price for group sessions that can bring the hourly price of private tuition down to $9.50 for each student! One of its conditions is that students attend a certain number of classes per week, which means you can get twice as many tutored lessons for the same price! This could be an excellent alternative for students searching for budget-friendly tutoring.
Study Chemistry through Online Classes?
Have you thought about taking online tutoring? Not for nothing, the popularity of online tuition has skyrocketed tremendously. Most tutors are willing to advise students through video calling software like Skype or Zoom, which means neither your teacher nor you will have to waste time on public transport or even save money and a few hours of traffic. Online tuition is another practical way to access suitable quality chemistry classes from the comfort of your home. Although face-to-face education will always be very effective, we can also take advantage of all the virtual tools we can access nowadays.
Are you ready to join this new generation of technology? We bet yes! Get to know excellent reason to go for online classes! Online tuition is on the rise and is a perfectly viable and efficient way to review and learn any subject you can imagine.
8 Excellent Reasons to have Online Classes!
Discover all the reason why going for private tuition is the best idea ever! And remember that nowadays you can learn everything through online classes! Are you thinking about learning how to dance salsa? Everything is possible with just a click!
- E-learning facilitates much more interactive learning. Especially if you decide to take individual classes, online classes will encourage greater student participation, avoiding the dynamics of traditional courses in which the teacher does not interact as actively with the students. Get ready to have an active participation role and solve all your questions.
- Online classes allow the use of excellent virtual tools to promote your learning. Interacting with multimedia content will be super valuable to reinforce your study. Through the Internet, you will find infinite virtual tools to practice and excel in Chemistry.
- Online tuition can always be super flexible. One of the significant advantages of online education is that it can be modified in the way you want, either when scheduling it, changing class dynamics, or selecting new tools to work, among many others.
- Educate in autonomy. Online classes help students become a little more autonomous when studying. They become entirely responsible for organizing themselves for study, homework, and self-managing their time well.
- It makes it easy to update information. You can access the best-updated chemistry classes with one click. The contents of the classes will constantly change, in addition to the fact that the tutors will be able to provide you with recent study materials available online.
- Accessible to any student with a device connected to the Internet. You don't even have to be at home. You can take your private class during a weekend break, in a free hour at the University, or during your vacations -although we doubt it.
- Access to a universe of knowledge. With virtual classes, the geographical barrier quickly disappears. You can choose the teacher who lives nearest to you or miles away from you. You can learn with teachers from all over Canada who are specialists in their fields.
- The most practical option. With virtual classes, you will save all public transport and not waste time in traffic. You can also choose from hundreds of tutors and select the best option for you.
Find the best Tutor in Superprof!
Superprof's online platform allows you to find the perfect chemistry tutor and choose between online or face-to-face classes (or both!). On the official site of Superprof Canada, you will find hundreds of registered chemistry teachers, with whom we guarantee that you will be able to find the best school support that aligns with your budget, your location, and preferences. On our platform, you can compare the hourly price of chemistry lessons and even find lessons priced at $20 per hour!
On Superprof, find the best private tutor with the best academic and professional training. Find the one that best suits the educational level you are looking for, from classes designed for elementary education to courses aimed at postgraduate students. The platform has plenty of tutors in science ready to help you prepare for your tests or get better at chemistry!
On our platform, you can also read the testimonials of previous students and check the qualifications of all the potential tutors you have near you. Whether face-to-face, online, hybrid, small group or one-on-one, private tutoring is the most effective method for improving your school's marks regardless of the tutoring format you choose. Still, it is also a great way to boost your confidence!
Check out our official website for more information about our chemistry tutoring and discover your inner scientist with Superprof! With Superprof it's time to get to work! What are you waiting for?
Bienvenido to the global Superprof family!
The platform that connects tutors and students