Teaching virtually includes a lot of preparations, it should be engaging and energetic. Methods used will be flipped classroom, Kinesthetic learning, inquiry-based, Differentiated instructions, Personalized Learning and Game-based Learning. It should be student centred, build the relationship and add enthusiasm in students learning.
I am an Ontario certified teacher with 7+ years of experience of teaching elementary students in India and 3+ years of experience working as an assistant teacher in a Montessori school in Ontario. I am passionate, dedicated and hardworking.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 9 years of experience teaching kindergarten and primary grades in India and 2 years of experience as Child Care Assistant daycare facility in Canada
• Certified Ontario College of Teachers
• Bachelor of Education
• Alberta Child Care Staff Certification
• Police Vulnerable Sector Check obtained
• Stander First Aid CPR/AED level C (Expires Nov 2022)
• Computer skills in MS Word, PowerPoint and SMART Board
• Excellent communicational skills: oral and written: English, Punjabi and Hindi
• Patient, hardworking, loyal, goal-oriented and resourceful
• Eagerness to pursue new challenges and opportunities
Assistant/Supply Teacher 5/2017 – Present
• Prepare a daily report of children activities conducted in class
• Involve students in circle time and prepare theme-based activities
• Works with a team to establish and maintain a safe, warm and caring environment.
• Observe kids in the play area to discover their interest and development level
• Guide and assist children in eating manners, dressing habits and toilet training
• Involve children in creating crafts for holidays and public celebrations
• Flexible and energetic approach to work.
• Positive, sensitive, integrity and accountability towards children and staff.
Sales Representative 11/2016 -01/2017
• Handled Cash register, Deal with the customer.
• Managed Store – Inventory, Maintained Store, Refilling of Shelves.
Teacher 2/2014 – 8/2016
• Worked as a Primary Teacher.
• Organized creative art activities for students to enhance fine motor skills
• Engaged children in age-appropriate programs by telling stories and singing songs
• Developed written and oral language skills through pictures, symbols, letters, phonetic sounds and family words
• Imparted knowledge of mathematics concept through the count, write and comparison
• Demonstrated activities to learn simple addition, measurement and shapes
• Worked as a leader, organized excursions, field trips and nature walks.
• Provided mathematical skills, by comparison, counting by 1’s, 2’s, 5’s and 10’s, sorting two-dimensional and three-dimensional figures and patterns via concrete objects
• Established efficient gymnasium routine for physical and social development of the child
• Enhanced communicational skills such as verbal, non-verbal and gestures
• Prepared worksheets for student evaluation and issued progress reports
Teacher (Primary Teacher) 4/2009 – 3/2010
• Taught mathematics and social studies to Grade 3 and 4 students
• Created and implemented daily lesson plan according to social studies curriculum and used tools such as maps, globe and graphs
• Developed problem solving and computation strategies, to deepen mathematic understanding through concrete, visual and electronic learning
• Prepared teaching assignments and evaluation sheets for analyzing students progress
• Conducted extra-curricular activities on regular basis, aimed at raising self-esteem, to develop diverse interest and time management,
• Established and maintained a positive and respectful classroom environment with effective behaviour management practice and classroom organization
Teacher 11/2004 – 3/2009
• Taught science, social studies and mathematics to Grade 1 and 5 students
• Designed and implemented various activities to provide a hands-on learning experience of topics water, air, earth, force, atmosphere
• Encouraged students to participate in co-curricular activities for cognitive and social development
• Determined students’ performance using formal and informal testing, classroom observation and issued progress cards
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Certified Ontario College of Teachers 2020
Alberta Child Care Staff Certification 2016
Child Development Assistant
Bachelors of Education 2012
Singhania University, Rajasthan, India
Bachelor of Commerce 2000
Delhi University, Delhi, India
(Equivalent to a Bachelor of Commerce degree from an Ontario university, as determined by World Education Services in Toronto, ON)
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, geometry lessons for all!
Taking calculations lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$18|