I like to use a variety of teaching styles in the first few lessons to see what works for all types of learners, and I will often prepare beforehand using exactly what you are studying to ensure I am knowledgeable on all topics.
I am a 4th year Chemical engineering student looking to share my passion for science with others. I have been tutoring students in Math and Science since I was in Grade 9 and I've loved it ever since. As for my degree, I've chosen to specialize in biotechnology, as I think that there are so many fields such as genetics and pharmacology that will be a large part of all our futures.
The First Lesson is free on the condition of a commitment to at least 3 lessons.
Queen’s University – Bachelor of Chemical Engineering (September 2017 – Present)
- Specialization in Biochemical Engineering
- Graduating in 2021 – Current cGPA of 2.8
International Medical Solutions – Software Tester/Analyst (2019)
- Investigated features of medical programming improve with source code
- Diligently adhered to test procedures to ensure optimal program functioning prior to release
- Troubleshot programs with developers to fix the issues
Urban Planet – Sales Representative (2018)
- Provided friendly assistance to aid customers with their selection of garments
- Among the few employees able to reach and surpass daily sales quotas
- Developed a proficiency for inventory management and retail checkout systems
Science Quest – STEM Educator (2018-2019)
- Developed age-appropriate and engaging lesson plans for children aged 6-12
- Directed weekly activities with a general focus on STEM education
- Maintained a professional composure while attending to the needs and wellbeing of children
Peer Math Tutoring – St Martin Catholic Secondary School (2015-2017)
- Took initiative to develop functional lesson plans to aid younger students with their math proficiency
Conference on Industry and Resource for Queen’s Undergraduate Engineers – Sponsorship Director (2018-2019)
- Researched and generated lists of eligible industry-specific contributors
- Reached out to potential sponsors and delivered a professional sponsorship proposal
- Negotiated reciprocal promotional agreements with various corporations and contributors
Campus Equipment Outfitters - First Year Project Coordinator (2017-2018)
- Created an innovative database of all products sold by the company
- Contributed to the development of a product identification system to optimize the ordering process
- Assisted the marketing director to increase the volume of custom order sales
St. Martin Catholic Secondary School Prime Minister (2016-2017)
- Worked with school administrative staff to effectively address student concerns and requests
- Managed the student council and the organization of events to foster community within the school
- Adopted the role of a student ambassador to speak on behalf of staff and students alike
Achievements and Certifications
Recipient of Queen’s University Chancellor’s Scholarship (2017)
- Nominated by high school for academic excellence
- Chosen by the university from over 1000 applicants
Class Valedictorian - St. Martin Secondary School (2017)
- Selected by a panel of staff and students to represent the graduating class
- Delivered an inspiring address to all in attendance at the commencement ceremony
Winner of the 2018 CEEC/P&G Sustainable Solutions Contest
NLS Certified Lifeguard, First Aid Instructor, Live-saving Instructor, and Swimming Instructor (2017)
- Certified in Emergency First Aid with CPR-B, Standard First Aid with CPR-C
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, microbiology lessons for all!
Taking molecular biology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|