I believe in guiding students to help them come to realizations about the subject matter. I encourage independent thought and novel approaches to problems. I use many examples and like to make connections between different subjects. I primarily teach high school courses but can also tutor first-year university courses.
I am an engineering student at Queen's University, and completed the International Baccalaureate Diploma in high school. I have been tutoring high school and university students for the last year, including group and individual lessons. I am pursuing a degree in Applied Mathematics and Engineering - Computer Science Option and have experience teaching math, chemistry, and physics.
• Languages: English, French
• Programming Languages: C, MATLAB, VBA
• Software: Solid Edge, Microsoft Office
• Ability to work as part of a team, as demonstrated in multiple committees and team projects
• Effective time management skills, as shown by participation in various extracurriculars during my studies
Model for Sustainable Mars Colony
• Worked in a team to research new and relevant technologies
• Modelled a concept for a sustainable Mars colony, incorporating several different factors such as cost and effectiveness
Model of Environmental Remediation Plan for Mercury Contamination
• Examined and evaluated multiple different solutions for mercury contamination in rivers
• Worked with teammates to integrate multiple different solutions into one plan, and wrote a formal report detailing this plan
Chemistry Internal Assessment for the International Baccalaureate Program
• Performed extensive research and wrote a formal report detailing the effect of intermolecular forces in hydrocarbons on their specific entropies
Automation of Financial Trackers for Orientation Week
• Programmed in Visual Basic for Applications within Microsoft Excel in order to increase automation and efficiency of the financial tracking system
Bachelor of Applied Science Queen’s University
• Studying first year general engineering, with a current cumulative GPA of 4.3
• Entering the Applied Mathematics program in fall 2018
• Awarded the Principal’s Entrance Scholarship
Explore French Summer Immersion Program Universite Sainte-Anne
• Achieved a grade of A+ over a 5-week program, including both written and oral communication in French
International Baccalaureate Diploma Regiopolis-Notre Dame Catholic High School
• Achieved a final diploma score of 41/45, with a subject score of 39/42, including a 7 in Higher Level Math
• Received the IB Learner Award for my high school
Governor General Award Regiopolis-Notre Dame Catholic High School
• Received for achieving the highest grade average in my high school over my senior years
• Tutored engineering students over the summer term
• Ran group workshops and individual help sessions
Math Tutor for High School Students
• Helped students review and study for math exams, using effective communication to promote learning
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|