- Hourly rate $60
- Response Time 1h
- Number of students 6
1st lesson is free!
Artist Development - BUILD your music career from scratch and GROW your fan base! Establish your brand, learn how to record demos from home, put together a professional press kit, learn how to network
- at their home
- By webcam
About the lesson
Pop recording artist and music teacher Jenn Connor is proud to offer an Artist Development program for those who are serious about pursuing a career in music.
Our weekly one hour sessions will cover the following topics:
1. Establish Your Brand - we will work together to create a marketable brand not only for your music, but yourself as an artist and public figure.
2. Demo Recordings - discover the equipment and overall setup you need to record great quality tracks from home. I'll teach you how to record a demo step-by-step. Or, if you prefer, I can recommend some of the BEST recording studios in Canada for your budget.
3. Music Distribution - get your songs on Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, Deezer, and all other major music platforms.
4. Web Development - learn how to build and design your own artist website. Or, if you prefer, I will design it for you!
5. Graphic Design - learn how to design professional, high quality YouTube thumbnails, social media posts, and more to properly promote your music and brand.
6. Video Editing - learn how to put together a cool, visually appealing music and/or lyric video to promote your tracks.
7. Press Kit Development - learn how to put together a professional press kit to submit to record labels and industry professionals.
8. Online Promotion - develop a successful social media and marketing strategy to build a fan base and get your music heard by the right people. Also, learn how to secure interviews, reviews, and more.
9. Offline Promotion - learn how to book shows, create business cards, artist merchandise, and network with industry professionals. Plus, learn how to build relationships with sponsors and obtain partnerships and sponsorships.
10. Stage Presence - we will work together to develop your stage presence so you can put on a great show for your audience.
11. YOUR QUESTIONS - At the end of it all, if you have any questions, I will be here to answer them and point you in the right direction.
- Music Education
- All Levels
With over 10 years of music industry and teaching experience, plus a diploma in journalism and digital media, pop recording artist Jenn Connor is excited to be offering an artist development program online.
Originally from Burlington, Jenn demonstrated at a young age a willingness and ability to perform, singing Hilary Duff’s “Wake Up” at the local town fair when she was 10 years old. That same year, Jenn was chosen to play the lead in her school's senior musical production of “Cinderella.” This early onstage experience led to additional opportunities in high school and furthered her interest in pursuing a career in music.
Vocally, Jenn is classically trained, specializing in Bel Canto over the past 13 years. In addition to teaching vocals, Jenn also teaches beginner and intermediate piano, both classical and pop/jazz. Building upon her own Royal Conservatory credits, Jenn’s previous work experience includes helping students prepare for RCM examinations.
In pursuit of her own singing career, Jenn has worked with renowned producers including Los Angeles-based Tomas Costanza (Boys Like Girls) as well as award-winning producers Douglas Romanow (Justin Bieber) and Rob Wells (Ariana Grande). Jenn’s recent release, “Like I Did,” a fresh, innovative sound (produced by Wells) received airplay across Canada and critical acclaim from numerous online music blogs and magazines.
Jenn’s musical influences range from the pop stylings of Michael Jackson to the operatic roots of The Tenors, reflecting her depth of musical appreciation. Jenn credits The Tenors, Criss Angel, and Cody Simpson for their ongoing guidance and support in her musical career.
I took lessons with Jenn in person at the local music store a couple of years ago. She’s very kind and truly a great vocal instructor who really knows her technique. I know first hand that she can teach all genres. I had a great time and learned a lot. Thanks to Jenn I’m able to implement the techniques I learned into my own original music. I highly recommend!
First off, I want to thank Jenn Connor for inspiring me and giving me the confidence to sing and perform. I wouldn’t be able to do what I do if it wasn’t from you, so thank you.
I have been learning under Jenn Connor for a little over a year now, and I have to say, she is the most patient instructor I have ever had. Her instructions are always clear and very engaging. She has helped me unleash my full potential as I am now able to sing and play the piano like I never thought was possible.
I wanted to improve my vocal technique and learn to play the piano, and thanks to Jenn Connor’s guidance, I not only achieved this goal, but I am more confident in myself too. Thank you Jenn for believing in me when I couldn’t.
I highly recommend Jenn Connor if you are looking for a professional music instructor and a life coach.
My 9 year old daughter Jessica took both singing and piano lessons with Jenn and loved every minute of it. Jenn was patient, kind, funny and knew exactly how to make music lessons fun and exciting.
On numerous occasions, Jenn helped my daughter prepare for live performances at her school. Jessica was always a little frightened to sing in front of her peers, but Jenn helped her overcome her fear and really built her confidence and self-esteem. She ended up putting on a great show thanks to Jenn's stage direction and expertise.
I highly recommend Jenn as a vocal and piano teacher.
View more recommendations
- 5 h: $300
- 10 h: $600
- $ 60/h
For $60/class, you will be learning numerous skills in social media, marketing, and graphic design while learning the business side of the music industry. You will be learning how to grow your music career and build a supportive fan base. You will also learn how to network and professionally present yourself to industry professionals.