I teach with kindness and understanding and like to format my classes based on individual learning types. A typical class will differ from student to student, but will include me explaining a concept and having the student demonstrate their understanding through a variety of methods such as teaching the lesson to others or creating exam questions they can answer. I am able to teach K-9 science, and 10-12 biology.
I am a recent graduate from the University of Alberta and have been tutoring, both professionally and as a volunteer, since 2017. I graduated with a Bachelors of Science, majoring in Biology and minoring in Anthropology. I am an International Baccalaureate diploma holder, as well.
[I am a self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to collaborate in a team-oriented setting positively and effectively with a diverse range of people. I am a versatile, flexible, and inclusive individual who is committed to personal growth and looking for new learning opportunities to achieve this.]
[NOVEMBER 2019] – [PRESENT]
[CUSTOMER SERVICE REP], [ORCHARDS RESIDENT’S ASSOCIATION]
• Conferred with programs and bookings managers and the customer service team to communicate goals, boost community involvement, and improve promotional strategies.
• Updated and maintained company website, financial data, and related spreadsheets and forms.
• Cultivated customer loyalty, satisfaction, and promoted community identity.
• Handled complaints, provided effective solutions within an appropriate time frame, and followed up to ensure resolution.
• Resolved 100+ weekly customer inquiries and complaints via phone or email.
[JULY 2018] – [NOVEMBER 2019]
[IN HOME K-12 TUTOR], [TUTOR DOCTOR]
• Enhanced student learning by utilizing a wide range of instructional approaches and innovative tactics.
• Evaluated and revised methods used to facilitate student centered learning and growth.
• Kept students engaged with positive reinforcement and proactive behavior modifications.
• Monitored improvement for students through self-evaluation forms, weekly journals, and open discussions.
• Continuously developed new activities to engage student interest and improve conceptual understanding.
[MAY 2017] – [DECEMBER 2017]
[SALES ASSOCIATE], [HUDSON’S BAY COMPANY]
• Resolved issues and complaints of customers to promote loyalty, satisfaction, and sales numbers.
• Achieved highest monthly credit card sales in the department
• Mentored new team members on POS system operation, customer service strategies, and sales goals.
• Demonstrated product knowledge as well as polite and friendly service according to shopper experience satisfaction surveys
• Ensured attractive and strategic placement of products in order to maximize purchases.
[SEPTEMBER 2018] – [MARCH 2020]
[DISTRESS LINE VOLUNTEER], [CANADIAN MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION]
• Responsibilities: Answering phone calls related to emotional crisis including suicide and domestic violence and working with callers to enable them to cope with their situations. This includes providing the agency with adequate documentation of calls for statistical and legal purposes.
• Skills acquired: Increased problem-solving abilities and assertiveness in relation to being able to help callers with unique situations all the while ensuring that calls maintain the association’s standards.
[JUNE 2018] – [DECEMBER 2019]
[PHYSIOTHERAPY ASSISTANT], [GOOD SAMARITAN SOCIETY]
• Responsibilities: Acting as a porter to bring patients to and from therapy appointments, assisting during treatment including helping to walk patients on the parallel bar or with a walking aid.
• Skills acquired: Increased patience and empathy as a result of working with individuals who require extra assistance due to neurological issues such as Alzheimer’s or Dementia or general age-related illnesses like deafness.
[SEPTEMBER 2017-DECEMBER 2020]
[UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA]
• Bachelor of science, major in general biology, minor in anthropology
• Science Academic Excellence Scholarship
• Alexander Rutherford Scholarship
• Jason Lang Scholarship
• 2017-2018 Dean’s List
• 2018-2019 Dean’s List
• 2019-2020 Dean’s List
• Class 5 driver’s license
• Standard First Aid & CPR-C HCP certified
• WHMIS certified
• Proficient and well-practiced computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office:
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Notebook and
• Outstanding service skills that consist of a positive, professional, and helpful attitude
• Reliable and driven with strong time management and prioritization skills
• Committed willingness to learn from and work cooperatively with individuals from a plethora of backgrounds and personalities
• Punctual and attentive to detail while demonstrating utmost responsibility, organization, and ownership of my work
• Ability to work in physically demanding positions while ensuring the safety of myself
and those around me
• Completed Diplôme d'études en langue
Française at the B1 level
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking anatomy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$85||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$150||$200|