I plan on basing my classes on what is currently being taught in yours. I would like to get access to any notes and or practice problems that are given by your professor so I can get a gauge on what is being taught. Then I will allow you to choose a structure; whether that be problems I create, working through a workbook provided in class, or reading through notes or slides for clarification.
I am currently in the third year of a biochemistry major with plans of writing the MCAT this summer. I have limited experience in tutoring but I believe I am a perfect fit for someone needing assistance/clarification/extra practice for a science course in junior high, high school, and up to third-year university.
Rates will vary depending on the level of the program of study. Reduced rates can be offered with multiple hours paid upfront
- Graduated with honours from Holy Heart of Mary High School, 2018
- Graduated from the International Baccalaureate program at Holy Heart of Mary Highschool, 2018
- Graduated High School with a Bilingual diploma in French, 2018
- Memorial University undergraduate studies, Bachelor of Science, 2018-2019
- Memorial University undergraduate studies, Biochemistry Honours Program, 2019-concurent
- Volunteered at the Janeway/Pediatric and the General Hospital gynecology department 2017-2019
- Tutor at St. Paul’s Junior Highschool, 2017-2018
- Front desk position at Clovelly golf course, summer 2019
- Mentor for the Peer Network mentor program, summer 2020- concurrent
- Golf Operations lead at Clovelly golf course. Summer 2020
- Teachers assistant for Dr. Merschrod in the Chemistry department at Memorial university 2020 fall semester
- Awarded a gold medal at the 2017 Regional Science fair
- Awarded the 2017 Northeast Avalon Atlantic Coastal Action Plan Award
- Awarded a gold medal at the 2018 Regional Science fair
- Awarded the 2018 Northeast Avalon Atlantic Coastal Action Plan Award
- Awarded the 2018 Memorial University Department of Biology Award
- Graduated with honours through grade 10-12
- Memorial entrance scholarship (concealed information)
- Memorial University Deans List Recipient in the faculty of science, 2019-2020
- Conducted research on the Accumulation of Smoking Bioproducts Using an Artificial Lung Model, Science fair 2016, poster presentation.
- Conducted research on Diatoms of river systems in St. John's Newfoundland: Method of extraction, identification, and application, Science fair 2017, poster presentation.
- Conducted research on the Influence of Coliform Bacteria and Pollutant Chemicals on the Presence of Diatoms in Newfoundland Rivers, Science fair 2018, poster presentation.
- Completed the laboratory portion of the following courses: Biology 1001 and 1002, Chemistry 1050 and 1051, Biochemistry 2901, Chemistry 2400 and 2401.
- Laboratory work with Dr. Ed Randell at the Health Science Biochemistry Laboratory.
- Advanced in using the Microsoft Excel Program
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to accept and learn from criticism
- Good time management
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Always keeping a positive attitude
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking other sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$18|