I would like to start off with how to place hands on the keyboard and then slowly teach the students to read the staff and music.
1. Ask them why they choose to learn this instrument and try to get their interests
2. Demonstrate how to place their hands on the keyboard and explain how and why it is placed this way
2. Explain to them how the keyboard works(positions of notes)and teach them fundamental knowledge of dynamics and rhythms.
3. Teach them how to read music step by step, and let them practice reading it by providing more music.
4. Teach them to play notes based on the music they read with left and right hand playing separately.
5. Gradually makes the music harder and teach them how to put hands together to play a sheet music.
I am a first-year international student studying biological science at the University of Calgary. I started playing the piano at the age of 5 and continued with this hobby till the age of 15 where I had limited time to play the piano as high school started. However, I developed more interests in music such as learning how to play clarinet and saxophone in the high school band and found my passion for vocal singing as a group(choir). I love music and I desire to be a high school teacher as my career.
- A first-year international university student studying biological science at the University of Calgary seeking a private or group piano lesson as a part-time job from the end of April to the beginning of July. Able to work during weekdays and weekends and flexible with prices and amount of hours per week.
- Capability of speaking, writing and reading three languages(Mandarin Chinese, English and German)
Strong cooperative skills
- Passion in the fields of music; has the ability to play more than two musical instruments
- Good-natured characteristics help people to overcome mental health issues, anxiety and stress
- Capable of teaching music theory and piano
Hobbies and Interests
- Vocal singing
- Musical instruments playing(clarinet, piano, saxophone)
- Chinese literature and culture
- Tom Baines Junior High School
- Sir Winston Churchill High School
- University of Calgary, Biological Science Major Undergraduate
- Calgary Chinese Cultural Centre and Calgary Chinese Community Service Association (2013-Present)
1. Helped with writing “Thank You” card in July 2013 during the flooding crisis
2. Served as a tour guide of the Chinatown tour in winter 2014
3. Helped with making digital album and videos for the Cultural Centre’s 25th anniversary in summer 2017
4. Served soft drinks while hosting the 25th anniversary Gala
5. Served as stage assistant while hosting the 2018 lunar new year Gala
6. Served as stage assistant while hosting Canada Day Gala in July, 2018
- Calgary Food Bank (2017-Present)
1. Participated in multi-duty distribution multiple times
2. Helped with operations in the warehouse of the Food Bank multiple times
- Calgary Public Library (2016-Present)
1. Participator of their MathQuest Program helping elementary students solving various math problems at 2. Alexander Colhoun Library in summer 2017
3. Participated in BookDrive Program at Nosehill Library in summer 2017
4. Volunteered at Ready Buddies Program at Central Library in September 2017
- MusicBox Children’s Charity University of Calgary Chapter (2018-Present)
1. Currently volunteering as the head instructor teaching bi-weekly music lessons
Available upon request
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest singing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, piano lessons for all!
Taking musical keyboard lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||Not available|