My teaching approach is to be student-centered and flexible. While my role is to teach, I also recognize the importance of viewing interactions as a learning experience. Understanding this, I work with students to identify their strengths and weaknesses, and bring these into play during teaching.
I am a graduate of two masters degrees, management and integrative biology. During my masters in integrative biology, I was a teaching assistant for third year physiology students two years in a row, and conducted research working with sheep, swine and fish. During my masters in management, I have completed numerous research papers and projects on various aspects of sport management. Additionally, I have experience in independent consulting with a provincial sport organization and a conservation authority, both focusing on strategic planning and design.
Rates will depend on the students level and needs.
Independent Consulting - Pickard & Laws Consulting Group (Sept 2020 - Apr 2021)
- Strategic planning and design project with Quinte Conservation Authority
Independent Consulting - International Institute for Sport Business and Leadership (Sept 2020 - Feb 2021)
- Stakeholder engagement and evaluation with Swim Ontario
Masters in Management (Dec 2020)
- Thesis research on the financial cost of participating in amateur sport
- Conducted research on sportscast ratings, facilities construction costs, and sponsorship
- MITACs research assistant award
Masters in Integrative Biology (Sept 2019)
- Thesis research on the stress response of various fish species in response to hypoxia
- Teaching Assistant for Comparative Animal Physiology I, two semesters
- Laboratory experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant (May - Aug 2016)
- Aided research working with sheep and swine
- Laboratory methods experience
Honours Bachelor in Biology (Apr 2016)
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physiology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, zoology lessons for all!
Taking molecular biology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|