I focus on understanding concepts holistically. Being able to memorize specific details for a test or make connections to other subjects is infinitely easier if the overall concept is presented in such a way that it makes sense within existing knowledge. That being said, I understand that everyone learns differently, and am able to explain concepts in the way that best suits an individuals needs. Questions are welcome and encouraged!
I am an entomologist interested in the development of insects for use as protein replacement. I have an undergraduate degree in biological science from Brock University and a post-grad certificate in Commercial Beekeeping from Niagara College. I love to share knowledge, and I am interested in science communication, to ensure everyone has an understanding of the process that influence our daily lives.
Please allow 24 hours notice for any cancellations.
Tutor 2016 - present
Various Clients Niagara Region
● Provided additional help and instruction for a number of high school and university aged students
● Covered subjects including biology, physics, advanced functions and chemistry
Public Educator 2018
Canadian National Exhibition Toronto, Ontario
● Interacted with the public to raise awareness about bee biology, beekeeping practices and honey production, as well as promoting the Niagara College Commercial Beekeeping Program
● Sold honey, wax and other products of the hive to consumers while answering questions pertaining to the products and administering samples when applicable
Research Assistant 2016 - 2017
Brock University St. Catharines, Ontario
● Responsible for the collection, classification, preservation and rejuvenation of the Brock University insect collection
● Worked in a laboratory/classroom setting collecting, identifying and organizing delicate material
Field Research Assistant 2018
Niagara College NOTL, Ontario
● Field work including collection of wild bee specimens on wildflower and milkweed plots for identification related to the completion of a PhD thesis through the University of Guelph
● Worked in a laboratory/classroom setting pinning and identifying specimens, following scientific protocol accurately and safely under all field conditions
NSERC Research Awards 2016 - 2017
Niagara College 2018
● Post-Graduate Diploma in Commercial Beekeeping
Brock University 2013 – 2017
● Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences
Notre Dame College School 2009 – 2013
● Ontario Secondary School Honours Diploma Recipient
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking zoology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|