When I was an undergrad I found it hard to study and relay information, until I went to an empty lecture hall, and just started teaching what I was studying. Memory consolidation works best when you learn in your words.
While I completed my BSc in Neuroscience, I was a freelance academic writer for Homework Help Global and then after graduation, I found myself assisting an Ophthalmologist who conducted corrective surgery for patients'. After realizing eyes are cool and all, but I kind of want my Master's in Neuropharmacology, and here I am.
Rates DO NOT change depending on the student's level.
Travel Time is not an issue.
I'm here to assist you on the great journey of learning.
Homework Help Global - Toronto, ON -
- Organized material, determined area of emphasis, and wrote stories according to prescribed editorial style
and format standards.
- Writing, editing and producing stories for multiple platforms, including Internet and digital channels.
- Prepared and completed over 600 professional writing assignments and scientific papers following strict
guidelines using APA, MLA, and Chicago style formatting.
- Accessed several academic databases to research and obtain pertinent information.
- Data entry using MS Excel, Canvas, and Entrypoint i4.
Brain and Mind Institute - London, ON -
April 2015 to April 2017
-Answered and managed incoming and outgoing calls while recording accurate messages.
- Completed data entry, tracked resumes and maintained the applicant tracking system.
- Led the neuroscience department invalidating both self-administration and drug discrimination equipment.
- Communicated research results to individuals in the industry, government and general public.
Managed neurological assessments of rodents.
LasikMD - London, ON -
- Assisted various ophthalmologists in several photorefractive keratectomies, LASIK, and other refractive lens
- Preliminary testing – auto refractor, retinal imaging, IOP (noncontact), VF and OCT
- Strong communication and technical skills required to discuss pre-operative and post-operative LASIK MD
patients with accuracy and judgment, all while working under the supervision of an ophthalmologist.
- Full patient consultations, including corneal mapping, pupil diameter measurements and various standard
tests concerning visual acuity.
- Preoperative patient preparation, ensuring the patient is fully aware of the entire scope of a procedure.
- Post-op instrument sterilization and respective administrative duties.
- Logging all relevant patient data both before and after surgeries.
- Collaborating with potential clients in order to develop payment options that suit their needs.
Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience
Western University - London, ON
September 2012 to 2017
Associate Degree in Technical Writing
Dalhousie - London, ON
January 2013 to February 2014
Microsoft Office (5 years), Administration (3 years), Editing (3 years), Quality Assurance (2 years),
Quickbooks (2 years), Office Administration (1 year), Dentrix (1 year)
September 2016 to Present
- Recognize and define terms related to types of disease, pathology of tissue formation, and modes of disease
-Describe commonly used treatment modalities for each body system.
-Describe the techniques of inspection, palpation, percussion, and auscultation.
-Identify and understand various instruments utilized in a physical examination as they relate to specific body
Medical Billing and Coding
April 2016 to Present
- Medical Billing Certification Information.
- Current Healthcare Climate with respect to HIPAA guidelines.
- Knowledge of Managed Care, Preferred Provider Organization (PPOs), Point-of-Service Plans (POS), Health
Management Organizations (HMOs).
Medical Office Administrative Operations
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|