As a tutor I structure my lessons around the student. I ensure we have a clear and unified understanding of what the goal is. I use various methods and strategies to ensure success is achieved by each students. My lessons are set up different depending on the student as each child learns different and has different strengths. My goal is your success.
I am a certified teacher through Ontario's Teacher College. I am a member of the Waterloo and Upper Grand School Board. I am a passionate and qualified mathematics teacher who strives to help you understand and master your mathematics class. I will work with you and accommodate your needs to ensure you are success in achieving your goals.
Rates may vary based on students level. Rates may vary based on individual and/or group lessons. Cancellations are free the first time. All following cancellations with 24 hours notice will not be charged.
2011 – 2017 Concurrent Teacher Education Program
Bachelors of Elementary Education,
Saginaw Valley State University, Michigan, USA
Bachelors of Arts,
Saginaw Valley State University, Michigan, USA
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND CERTIFICATIONS
Basic Qualifications: Primary and Junior Divisions
**Intermediate as of November 30
Special Education – Part 1 Lakehead University
Mathematics Primary/Junior Part 1 EFTO
Currently Enrolled – Intermediate Mathematics – Trent University
Currently Enrolled – Intermediate Health and Physical Education – Trent University
2017 Certification of Teaching Elementary Education
June 2018 LTO, Grade 7/8 Math, Wellesley Public School (Wellesley, ON)
• Assessed and completed reports cards for 100+ students in mathematics
• Maintained discipline classroom, methodically provided resources for lessons while modifying course work for various students on I.E.P
• Incorporated technology into students’ learning activities for a variety of mathematical disciplines
2018 Occasional Teacher, Waterloo Region District School Board
• Perform duties of absent teacher as required by the school, its curriculum and head teacher
• Taking all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and school facilities
• Maintain normal classroom routines, disciplines and procedures in a lesson to ensure there is a learning structure
2018 Private Tutor, Grade 3-5 Language and Math (Brampton, ON)
• Prepare intriguing activities to meet the individual needs of students
• Taught reading and writing strategies to enable student learning
• Motivated and encourage students to achieve their academic goals
Fall 2017 Teacher Candidate, Grade 7, St. Jean Brebeuf (Brampton, ON)
• Facilitated group discussion on various topics related to curriculum
• Developed and taught creative lessons that were conducive to student learning using differentiated instruction
• Utilized different classroom management techniques to create a positive learning environment
Fall 2017 Teacher Candidate, Grade 1, Kolb Elementary (Bay City, MI)
• Planned unique activities that allowed students to explore and collaborate with their peers
• Lead small group reading and math intervention sessions to emerging students
• Presented morning messages to encourage peer to peer interaction
Winter 2016 Teacher Candidate, Grade 4 Language and Math, List Elementary (Frankenmuth, MI)
• Designed captivating activities that allowed students to enrich their vocabulary and content knowledge
• Worked with students to improve comprehension of difficult material
• Prepared and taught inquiry based mathematic lessons with various approaches and solutions
Fall 2016 Teacher Candidate, Grade 3 Science, Eastlawn Elementary (Midland, MI)
• Implemented hands-on and interactive STEAM lessons into everyday curriculum
• Managed small and larger group lessons throughout the classroom, school, and outdoors
• Worked with students to review and improve their initial design
Winter 2015 Teacher Candidate, Grade 2 Social Studies, Chester Miller (Saginaw, MI)
• Assisted primary teacher with the coordination of daily activities and lesson plans.
• Provided individual and group assistance to students for all subjects.
• Taught a five-day unit on the Branches of Government, comparing pre and post-test results for evolution.
2012 – 2015 Teacher Candidate, Kolb Elementary (Bay City, MI)
• Assisted in the preparation and presentation of stimulating lessons
• Worked one-on-one with students to improve their phonemic awareness
• Encourage students to practice their letters and numbers during free time and at home
Perfect! Kaitlyn is an excellent tutor who has taught my kids since this 2018, she is very experienced and knowledgeable and conveys her knowledge of complex material in a manner easily understandable.. She keeps her lesson effective, engaging and fun. My kids are able to stay focus and overcome their issues of learning math. We definitely plan to keep working with Kaitlyn. Highly recommended.
Student is very polite and easy to work with.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$25|