I like to know about the student and how they retain information. Everyone learns and retains information differently. Knowing that can help me to better provide a structure/method as to how to help you.
I believe i can help students because i have the patience to listen to them and help them over and over again if need be until they understand it.
I am here to help :)
I am a chemical engineer graduate from Dalhousie University who is passionate to provide assistance to students. I have been working in the Pharmaceutical industry for almost 2 years now.
I know having the extra help/mentoring from a tutor can go a long way in your academics. i can relate and have been in your shoes before.
Bachelor of Chemical Engineering, Co-Op Program Jan. 2014 – Jun. 2016
• Dalhousie University, Halifax – NS
Diploma of Engineering Jan. 2012 – Jan. 2014
• Saint Mary’s University, Halifax – NS
• Dean’s List for GPA above 3.70 at Saint Mary’s University 2013
• Awarded Achievement Scholarship based on Dean’s List status 2013
• Engineering/Statistics Minitab, Comsol, AutoCAD, Simulink, LABView
• Programming Matlab, Octave, Java
• Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project
• Operating Systems Windows, MAC OS X
• Professionally fluent in English
• Quick Learner - can quickly acquire new skills as illustrated from my previous work term where I learned how to use an employer software program to complete my process deliverables.
• Collaborative team player - generate enthusiasm to meet goals. Worked effectively within multi disciplines in previous work term.
• Flexible, resourceful, hard worker - provided assistance to multiple projects at a time.
Process Development Associate at Sekisui Diagnostics Jun. 2016 –Nov 2017
♣ Worked under general supervision. Working with supervisor to determine and develop approach to
♣ Participated on project teams and providing technical support and guidance in the development, scale up,
Optimization, validation, verification and operation of methods for the production, and testing of processes, formulas, technologies and products.
♣ Maintained and demonstrating knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories in areas of
♣ Reviewed existing process and production data; designing and conducting necessary experiments;
interpreting results; recommending changes or additional experiments.
♣ Provided technical guidance and training staff as required.
♣ Investigated issues related to the manufacture and QC of formulated reagents.
♣ Ensured root cause analyses and associated corrective/preventive actions related to assigned
investigations are documented as per Quality System requirements.
♣ Assisted with development of analytical methods and acceptance criteria to allow for enhanced process
♣ Established trending methods to evaluate long-term performance of reagents.
Process Co-op Student at Irving Oil Refinery January -August 2015
♣ Verified and validated various refinery equipment datasheets in order to guarantee equipment health and longevity.
♣ Performed Pressure Safety Valves (PSVs) inlet line loss calculations to ensure process safety.
♣ Created several Process Flow Diagrams for various projects at the refinery using Microsoft Visio.
♣ Modelled and analyzed underground piping hydraulics for multiple projects.
♣ Participated in field surveys for Deluge System, and Emergency Isolation Valves (EIVs) installation program in the refinery which were documented and used for further studies.
♣ Developed the ability to read and interpret Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and Isometric Drawings.
♣ Investigated on pump suction pressure and performed NPSHA calculations to determine if existing pumps are operating as per design.
♣ Gained valuable field experience evaluating different pieces of equipment such as pumps reactors within the refinery
♣ Catalogued documents for Safety Instrumented Systems.
♣ Participated in multiple HAZOPs, PHA and P&ID reviews for multiple projects.
STEM Project Researcher at Imhotep’s Legacy Academy May - August 2014
♣ Researched & selected important Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) inventions, technological innovations and developed simplified modules for students to re-create inventions for public presentations.
♣ Developed a schedule and project budget for an Afrocentric Science Fair aimed at Jr. High students in a friendly competition.
♣ Engaged and educated a team of students in research on light and photons in relation to the design of a pin-hole camera.
Program Mentor for High School Students September 2013 – September 2014
♣ Mentored high school students in math and science to inspire them to choose a career in STEM fields.
♣ Tutored students with assignments and projects they were given in school.
• Collaborated in building a Cooling Tower out of Lego for a Design Competition against other Engineering Companies in Saint John. Awarded 1st place for our design. April 2015
• Assisted in fundraising $3000 for the Heart and Stroke Foundation, NB and St. Joseph’s Hospital Foundation through 50/50 raffle sales and public pledges. July –August 2015
Memberships and Extra-Curricular Activities
• Co-captain for Fluor Recreational Team for a 5km Mud Run to support Heart and Stroke Foundation
♣ Acted as a liaison between the Heart and Stroke Foundation and my team
♣ Recruited participants for the company’s team
♣ Arranged team meetings and ran 50/50 raffles to fundraise for the race
• Member of Chemical Engineering Society
♣ Attended meetings and participated in discussions
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|