I gear my lessons to the students needs and goals. I try to keep the subject matter relavant to the student's life expereince, needs and goals. I perfer to have the students read a mix of classics and more contemporary and popular titles as well,
I am a former college law instructor with a background in secondary education and education in the Liberal Arts and Humanities. I have taught professionally for over 20 years. I hold two university degrees and two college dipolomas. I have exensive expereince with international students.
• 20 plus years of experience in education, instruction, and training
• 10 plus years of experience authoring and administrating contracts
• 10 plus years of experience in Employment and Employment related Legal Statues and issues
• 5 plus years of experience in Human Resources
• Law Society of Ontario, P1 Paralegal Licensee, in Good Standing
• 2018 - Business Administration, Diploma with Distinction, Trios College, ON, CA
• 2010 - Paralegal Diploma with Honours, Seneca College, ON, CA
• 2010 - Alternative Dispute Resolution, Certificate of Achievement, Seneca College, ON, CA
• 1995 - Bachelor of Arts with Honours – History, Trent University, ON, CA
• 1993 - Bachelor of Arts – History & Philosophy, Trent University, ON, CA
Elite Educational Inc.
Instructor & Human Resources Advisor
Toronto, Ontario, Canada October 2015 – Pandemic
• Assisted Students in acquiring Advance Placement university credits
• Instructed SSAT & SAT prep courses
• Successful consultation on onboarding of Instructional Staff and various HR issues
• Successfully consulted and advised on private Secondary School accreditation issues
Self-employed / Contracted Positions
Toronto, Ontario, Canada May 2007 – Pandemic
• Successful Accreditation and Re-Accreditation of several private Secondary Schools
• Successful consultation on various Human Resources issues, Curriculum Development and Design, and Government compliance Issues in the Education Industry
• TOEFL Invigilator & CELPIP test Manager
• Tutor for Business, Economic, and Legal professional ESL students
Paralegal Instructor / Admin Staff
Toronto, Ontario, Canada May 2011 – October 2015
• Instructed hundreds of Paralegals including pre-licensing exam seminars
• Instructed other programs such as Police Foundations and Business Courses
• Curriculum Design and Development for various courses
• Various Human Resources related duties including training and mentoring of other instructors
• Human Resources investigations which lead to amicable resolution of Human Resources and Human Rights Issues
• Assisted in the successful continuation of accreditation of various institutions owned by Herzing with the Ministry of Colleges, Training & Universities
TAIE International Institute
Toronto, Ontario, Canada May 2006 - April 2007
• Provided academic guidance for 200 full-time international secondary school students
• Reported to the Ministry of Education, the EQAO, OnSiS, OUAC, OCAS
(Education Quality Accountability Office, Ontario School Information System, Ontario University Application Center, and Ontario College Application Service)
• Supervision and Management of Instructional Staff
• Scheduling and Registration of classes
Elite Educational Inc.
Human Resources Coordinator
Seoul, South Korea July 2001 - October 2005
• Recruited, trained, and managed full-time professional staff for 5 Elite locations in and around Seoul.
• Coordinated: Advertising, Short Listing, Interviewing, Vetting, Hiring, Contracts, Transportation, Housing, Visa Issues, Training, and Management of Instructional staff
• Developed and administered Human Resources policies and contracts
• Performed Alternative Dispute Resolution while acting as a liaison between native English-speaking instructors and Korean franchise operators
• Increased Instructor retention to approximately 90%
• Resolved conflicts between Franchisees, Head Office, and contracted Instructional staff
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest dissertation and thesis writing preparation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking sat prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$250|