I have a student-centered approach to teaching, focused on implementing a personalized curriculum to best meet the student's needs. I am an energetic and passionate musician, and I always focus on encouraging and motivating my students. I believe in setting goals but also teaching at the student's pace.
I have a Master's degree in Art History and a Master's degree in Classical History from the University of London, England. I hold a Honours Bachelor of Art from the University of Toronto. I have been playing piano for over 14 years, completing the Level 10 RCM examination, and currently working towards obtaining my ARCT Certificate. I have completed all RCM levels of Music Theory. I have participated in both local and international piano competitions, with either first or second place standing, including representing Canada at the Cremona International Competition and Festival held in Cremona, Italy.
I have been tutoring for over a year, students of all ages from beginner to advanced levels. They have all achieved great success, including performing in recitals and competitions across the Toronto area.
Rates my vary according to student's level and distance to travel.
Completion of Grade 1-10 Piano, Royal Conservatory of Music
Currently preparing for the Associate to the Royal Conservatory (ARCT) Diploma for Performers.
Completion of All Music Theory Exams (Level 5-8 Theory, History 1-3, Harmony 9-10)
SOLO PERFORMANCE EXPERIENCE
Thornhill Music School Concerts
2004 ---- Present (3 concerts each year)
Alina Mirzoev Student Concerts
2009 – 2012 (1 concert a year)
Richmond Hill Music Festival
November 17th, 2012
Second Place standing in Grade 11 open age performing class
Adjudicator: Dr. Angela Po Yiu Chan
North York Music Festival
April 30th, 2011
First Place standing in Grade 9-10 performing class
Adjudicator: Peteris Zarins
JVL Cremona International Academy and Competition
Fourth Place standing in Senior Piano Competition
The Warburg Institute, University of London | September 2015 – 2016 | London, UK
Master of Arts, Art History, Curatorship, and Renaissance Culture
In Collaboration with the National Gallery of London, UK
Birkbeck College, University of London | September 2013 – 2014 | London, UK
Master of Arts, Classical Civilisation
University of Toronto | September 2008 – June 2013 | Toronto, ON
Honour’s Bachelor of Arts, Classical Civilization Major; History and Anthropology Double Minor
Piano Tutor (Private) | January 2017 – Current
• Teaching all levels, including up to advanced RCM curriculum as well as theory and ear practice
• Liaising with parents and students to coordinate lessons, and payment schedules
Iradj Moini Couture Inc. | Luxury Brand | October 2016 – Present
Jewelry Branding Coordinator (Remote Work) | Toronto, ON
• Lead coordinator on global marketing efforts and social media campaigns; have grown overall customer engagement by over ~200% over the past year with more targeted and quality content
• First-point of contact for B2C clients; assist in tracking/managing orders and customer service
• Administrative and clerical role for organizing the visual content of various collections and producing catalogues, databases and campaigns
• Advertising copywriter, to conceive, develop and produce effective advertising campaigns as well as obtain third-party copyright approvals for use from fashion issues such as Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Elle, Fashion Canada, WedLuxe etc.
Royal Ontario Museum | November 2010 – August 2013, January 2017 – Present
(Multiple Shift Positions)
Social Media Coordinator (February 2018 – present)
• Sole coordinator, working alongside the VP, and digital management team to strategize and create an inaugural marketing plan for the Department of Museum Volunteers (DMV)
• Responsible for the curation of content over social media, while coordinating optimization
• Co-management of the creative and digital teams and the sole liaison between the KOLs
Committee Secretary (January 2017 – present)
• One of two administrative decision-makers; responsible for organizing meetings, recording/preparing minutes and managing the distribution of content and materials
Museum Visitor Guide / Gallery Interpreter (January 2017 – present)
• Customer-facing role; source of information for visitors and volunteers, clerical library duties
Ontario Volunteer Service Award
Recognized for 5+ years of volunteer service at the Royal Ontario Museum
Perfect! I really enjoyed my first lesson with Roya and am now in the middle of a package of ten lessons! Roya is patient, timely and knowledgeable and I highly recommend her.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest piano lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, music theory lessons for all!
Taking music early learning activities - for children lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$35||$35||Not available|
|5 hours||$155||$155||Not available|
|10 hours||$310||$310||Not available|