Answering and addressing problems and concerns of individuals, in an open and friendly way. Explaining hardware, software and security issues online, by phone, face to face, Skype or by remote access. Will demystify computer security, expel the myths, and explain the ways to stay as safe as possible online.
I hold a Bachelor of Science degree, and ITIL foundation Certificate.
12 years as a consultant for large and small companies and individuals in general computing and computer security. Responsible for Upgrading and installing all types of hardware and software in a variety of companies and Government departments.
Lecturer in Computing, Teaching MS applications and network design; Adult evening classes
Responsible for several IT Skills courses across multiple outreach locations, including development of teaching materials and student coordination.
Travel is charged at $5 plus $0.20 per kilometer
University educated professional with over 12 years’ IT Industry experience. Possessing solid management experience and outstanding leadership abilities with a flexibility and adaptability to ever-changing priorities and demands. Performing well under pressure with a strong analytical, troubleshooting and technical acumen.
Special Skills; Strong Communication skills, very experienced technology troubleshooter, Desk-Top Support
Highly motivated very experienced Customer service technician, Staff supervision and management, A fascination for new technology and its use, Proficient in MS Office Applications; Microsoft OS and Desktop software and associated service packs; Software Security Packs; Service Strategies; Transitions, System design, and operation; Change Management and Continual Service Improvement; Project management; VOIP hone System Maintenance; Security System Installations; Inventory Control Procedures Developing PDF Fillable forms; Have used the Government Tender system for proposals and for quotes on equipment supply; Experience in warehouse facility, Including inventory control and restocking procedures.
Confident organizer who can prioritize projects and work under pressure.
Although proficient I am working on Project Management certification, Minimal use of Moodle based Learning material in the past
IT systems Analyst Desktop Support, 2013 – 2016
• Desktop Phone and Email support, all aspects of IT servicing, Phone installation, Machine installation, Audio Visual equipment. Sourcing and purchasing various hard ware and software. Deployment and cloning, Maintaining over 100 Machines and Phones including cell phones, audio visual and smart board technology.
Computer Services Officer, Infrastructure Services Management Division, 2011 – 2013
• Provided Phone, voicemail and Email support for the Government employees. Supporting many users per day, on complex tier 2 – 3 issues . Trouble shooting all IT related problems Provided technical IT support through remote servicing and installs of software, printers. Desktop and desk side support for IT Resources. I can prioritize client issues in order to provide support to the most critical issues first.
• I have received numerous very positive complements backed up by emails and cards of my competencies in the field, which are documented and available for viewing.
IT Consultant and troubleshooter
Maintaining, Reviewing and updating all IT related equipment for store administration, Computers, Printers AV systems, telecommunications and POS system at all locations in NS officer for the company
Owner and CEO, Computer Consultancy company, HRM, NS 1997 – Current
An in dependent consulting company, specialising in hardware, software and network installation, troubleshooting, system security, remote management and backup, system builds, from concept to design build installation and commissioning, with follow up client staff training in software, systems and security awareness.
• Demonstrable experience in IT projects management.
• Client Service and satisfaction has always been paramount in all my contracts
• Clients and student management for academic/training.
• Coordinating and supervising projects engaging and supervising sub-contractors on numerous IT projects in industry.
• Liaising with clients evaluating needs and requirements, engaging contractors and other organisations and coordinating or project managing work to the client’s satisfaction.
• Performing a variety of short, and long term contracts and projects, including: systems building and installation; network design and installation; troubleshooting and virus recovery; Office relocations and start-up companies; and one-to-one training including tailored courses.
• Clients have included Academic Institutions, Private Companies and Individuals
IT Lecturer, 2010
• Short term teaching contract filling in for absent lecturer June 2010 teaching Server 2003 virtualization and Active Directory
Computer Training Program Coordinator, 2005 – 2006
• Term Contract. Responsible for the computer training department, promotion, and allocation of tutors for all courses. Setting up and developing new courses, upgrading existing courses. Liaison with outside corporate clients, external tutors and staff.
• Teaching a very wide spectrum of IT subjects, such as MS suites, Adobe suits, Macromedia
2000 – 2002
• Lecturer in Computing, Teaching MS applications and network design; Adult evening classes
• Responsible for several IT Skills courses across multiple outreach locations, including development of teaching materials and student coordination.
Computer Media Resources Advisor, 2001
• Responsible for coordinating and troubleshooting ICT provision across four Hospital sites, in the teaching and Learning Resources Department. ensuring that OHS procedures were being followed Including instruction on ergonomic use of computers for both staff and students
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest microsoft excel lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, telecommunications lessons for all!
Taking PC lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$43||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$65||$200|