Since I am a recent grad I draw from my own experience. When helping students with written assignments and research projects I like to get an idea of what their class is like and what expectations the teacher/prof has in order to help them achieve the best result possible. When I edit students' work I give them pointers on what they should change/do differently, without giving exact answers, so they can have a chance to figure it out on their own. I can tutor high school students in English (grammar and vocabulary), Literature (identifying and analyzing themes), and History. For undergrad students I can tutor in most Criminology courses from introductory to specialized, as well as in Ancient Greek and Roman History, and most introductory courses in other Soc Sci disciplines. Furthermore, I can assist all students with study tips for tests and homework, strategies for effective and efficient writing, and research/citation.
I am a Criminology and History grad. I was part of tutoring clubs and tutored other students throughout high school and university. I proofread and edit written work such as essays, research papers and history papers in courses such as English, Criminology, Ancient Roman and Greek History, and other Social Science and history courses. I also help students improve their grammar and vocabulary, and give them study tips and strategies for effective writing, finding valid sources and proper citation.
The average price for my lessons is $25, however this can vary according to the students' academic level. If the student is in high school, or if the student only needs help with 1-2 assignments/courses then they will be charged $20 an hour. If the student is in university, or if the student needs help with more than 3 assignments/courses, then they will be charged between $25-$30 depending on the difficulty level and amount of work.
Tutor – School Tutoring Clubs Sep 2012 – April 2017
• Proofread and edited other students’ written work (essays, research papers, history papers, etc.)
• Tutored high school students in subjects such as English (helping improve grammar and vocabulary) and Literature (helping them identify and analyze themes)
• Tutored university students in subjects such as Intro to Criminology, History of Criminology, Victimology, Social Deviance, Ancient Roman and Greek History, and Greek Mythology
• Helped high school and university students with study tips for tests, writing strategies, research methods and proper citation
Administrative Assistant (Volunteer)
CAUSE Tutoring - (concealed information) Ottawa, Ontario Apr 2016 – June 2017
• Researched and put together documents with information regarding potential community partners (i.e. other organizations)
• Gathered information from various sources and used it to inform executives about different issues
• Prioritized tasks according to urgency and schedule
• Coordinated all communication with potential partners and sponsors/donors
• Put together calendar and updated it accordingly with important events and daily schedule
• Organized meetings by setting time, date and place in accordance with schedule and calendar
• Prepared written presentations that were presented at conferences
• Organized a social media and email campaign to promote event and receive donations - Raised over $3,000 each year for breast cancer research
• Coordinated elementary school students and teachers at We Day event
• Coordinated activities and supervised first year university students at Welcome Week (University of Ottawa)
• Dancing: Ballet, Contemporary, Jazz, Musical Theater, Tap, Competitive Dancing: 2000 - 2013
• Academic Honours Student, Scholarship recipient
• Volunteer of the Month for Cause Tutoring (May 2016)
• Top Student Fundraiser for 3 consecutive years at Langstaff Secondary School for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure (raised over $3,600 each year)
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|