My teaching methodology is deductive: learning paths can be taught so that in the long learn the student becomes an independent learner.I believe that in a language class student participation is utmost important and that learning should be interesting and fun. If the student loses interest, he/she stops learning.
I have taught English language to students having different levels of proficiency and coming from different cultures. Language is my forte but literature is my love! I love working with both. I have a Masters degree in English and have worked in varied fields like tutoring and editing.
Unless informed prior, if the student doesn't come for two consecutive classes. The sessions will discontinue.
Doctorate of Philosophy (currently pursuing)
Masters in English (First class)
• Ability to develop curriculum from scratch, tailored to the needs of the classroom.
• Strong background in research and analysis.
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to transcribe complex terminologies into simple and understandable units
• Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
• Trained in editing and proofreading with an ability to handle diverse material.
SA Technologies- Client location: Dassault Systemes
September 2017 to August 2018
Responsibilities: Editing and proof reading mechanical engineering software documents (CATIA, ENOVIA, DELMIA). Designing guidelines for the technical courses and ensuring those standards are met. Editing and proofreading the content designed by SMEs and making sure that the courses are rigorously tested for minimal errors.
Verbal Faculty- Competitive exams
Proton Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Responsibilities: Training prospective students of MBA to tackle the Verbal ability section of different entrance exams. Teaching using innovative techniques to maximize their learning experience so that students are able to get optimum marks in the Verbal ability section.
Online Curriculum Writing and Development: English for Competitive Exams
Aeternus Global Pvt. Ltd, Pune
November 2015 to February 2017
Responsibilities: Creation and development of material for the level appropriate for students. Designing original reading passages, grammar exercises, grammar lessons for the PSLE (Singapore). The job also included designing and teaching an online session.
Faculty- English Language
English Language Institute of Symbiosis (ELTIS), Pune
September 2012 to November 2015
Responsibilities: Teaching basic to advanced level of English to Indian and International students.
Faculty- Business Communication
Maharashtra University of Health Sciences
July 2012 to September 2012
Responsibilities: Teaching occupational communication to doctors so that they can interact clearly and easily with patients, clients who have non-medical background.
University Grants Commission
January 2012 to April 2012
Responsibilities: A pilot research conducted in the field of material production to help improve students understanding in the field of English literature. Developed an audio-visual aid and tested its effectiveness in normal classroom scenario. The research tested with positive results.
• Published two research papers:
1. A Woman in the Assembly: An analysis of the role of Draupadi during the Dice Game scene of the Sabha Parva in the Mahabharata.
LangLit, An International Peer Reviewed journal, Volume 3, Issue 4 (May 2017). ISSN 2349-5189.
2. Polar Identities: An Exploration of the Multiple Myths of Draupadi
The Criterion (UGC Approved Journal, Arts and Humanities, Jr. No. 768)
Vol. 8, Issue. IV (August 2017). ISSN 0976-8165
• Attended a Film Appreciation Course organized by National Film Archives of India and Film and Television Institute.
• IELTS Trainer (ELTIS, Symbiosis):
Training students for the IELTS exam by conducting practice sessions and mock tests with specific focus on sections that students find difficult.
• English for Journalists:
Designing and teaching working journalists the basics of grammar, vocabulary suitable to their profession and effective listening skills.
• Presented a book review for All India Radio, Pune station.
• Conducted an interview of the author Mr. N.D.Badrinath (Clear Line of Fire) on All India radio, Pune station.
• Presented a paper at Poona college conference, National Seminar on "Innovative Techniques in the Teaching of English Language & Literature”, March 16, 2013.
• Presented and published a paper titled, Innovative Ways to Teach Grammar at “International Conference on Language and Technology”, Malabar Christian College, Calicut.
I have known Jaymati for over 8 years now. Not only did we study together, but we also started our teaching careers together. I have never seen a more dedicated, inquisitive, diligent and enthusiastic teacher like her. She is a very hard-working teacher and would leave no stones unturned to make her student's learning experience great!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking french literature lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$300|