Practical approach to reading and playing music, starting from the basics of stick grip, technique, posture and several exercise routines focusing on building technique. This is followed by coordination exercises on the drum kit. Along with learning how to play around the kit, introduction to various musical genres is given and key features in the playing style of different genres is highlighted. (For example, rock, pop, jazz, funk, RnB, Cuban, Brazilian, African and Indian music)
I am a professional drummer, and I have more than five years of experience as a session drummer (live and studio) and two years as a drum faculty at two institutions, Vibration Music Academy and Soundmonk Music Academy, and six months at T- Rox Music Academy.
1. Masters of Science (Biochemistry), Nirma University, Ahmedabad, India (March, 2015)
2. Bachelors of Science (Zoology), St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad, India (March, 2012)
3. Trinity College of Music, London- Grade 7, Drums (Distinction)
4. Trinity College of Music, London- Grade 2, Theory (Distinction)
5. Currently pursuing Bachelors of Music (First Year- Drums) from Humber College
Languages known: English, Hindi and Gujarati
• Faculty for English Language Development Program (ELDP) at Euro school, Ahmedabad- 6 months
• Focused on foundational aspects of the language, encouraging students to talk in English, understanding their psychology and making them feel comfortable in a competitive atmosphere.
• Tutor for spoken English and editor for recommendation letters and statements of purpose for students applying to universities in U.S. and Canada. Duties involved preparing students for their visa interviews and editing their Statements of Purpose and recommendation letters
• Front desk administrator for a retail store called Home Collection from 2010 to 2013
• Two years as a drum faculty at two institutions, Vibration Music Academy and Soundmonk Music Academy, and six months at T- Rox Music (currently working on Wednesdays)
• Duties included the following:
a. Devising a drum syllabus from beginner to advanced levels
b. Working in a team of 3 faculty members and ensuring that decorum was maintained in a school
c. Integrating different teaching methods depending upon different students’ needs and interests
d. Preparing students for exams, recitals and ensembles
e. Teaching students to read and interpret music charts
f. Introducing them to different styles of music and guiding them on how to become more versatile
Live and Studio Experience:
• More than 7 years of experience as a live and session drummer
• Toured nationally and internationally as a live drummer for 2 years with notable musicians around
• Worked as a studio drummer for 2 independent EPs, and more than 50 singles commercially
• Got the opportunity to work with internationally acclaimed musicians as the drummer for a web series called ARRived, and a TV show, The Voice, where I gained most of my studio experience
• To train students who are aspiring musicians
• To further my knowledge and experience through constant learning and playing with other people as much as possible
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest drums lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, percussion lessons for all!
Taking cajón lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|