I approach my classes with a lot of flexibility and creativity to help the student learn in the best way possible. By flexibility I mean that I adapt to the student's need and by creativity I mean that I always enjoy making the class very engaging and entertaining using diverse ways, such as cards, and coloured music sheets for the student to understand fully. I have been taught by many teachers with different methodologies and I have come to realise the best attitude and strategies to ensure the maximum potential of the student, which is always my goal.
I am a Bachelor of International Economics student at UBC who has practiced the violin for 15 years. It has been my hobby throughout my life and I have studied it in the National Conservatory of Music of Peru for 4 years.
UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA | Vancouver School of Economics Completion: April 2022
Bachelor of International Economics: Enrolled in a rigorous program that has an acceptance rate of 4% with courses in math, finance, economics, statistics and commerce from the Vancouver School Economics and the UBC Sauder School of Business. I am entering my 3rd year of my Economics degree and intend to specialize in Finance with a minor in Statistics.
Cumulative GPA: 3.75/4.33
INTERNATIONAL BACCALEUREATE | Newton College Completion: November 2017 Completion grade: 35/45
LONDON COLLEGE OF MUSIC GRADE 8 | Newton College Completion: September 2017 Completion grade: 99%
NATIONAL CONSERVATORY OF MUSIC OF PERU March 2010 – May 2015
• Studied music in this institution, specializing in Violin and taking the following courses: Musical Appreciation, Choir, Piano, Musical language and String ensemble.
NEWTON COLLEGE ORCHESTRA April 2009 – November 2017
• Belonged to the orchestra for eight years and became the Concertino (main violin) in 2017.
• Participated in the “Nueva Acropolis” national contest of schools and won every year.
NEWTON COLLEGE SWIMMING AND SOCCER TEAM May 2009 – May 2017
• Belonged to the swimming team since 2014 and to the soccer team since 2009, both up to 2017.
• Participated in interschool competitions: ADCA and Copa Cable Mágico, from 2009 to 2017.
• Won golden medal in relay 200 meters in ADCA in 2016.
VOLUNTEER FOR JUGUETE PENDIENTE September 2016 – July 2017
• Belonged to this organization in Lima that helps people from a low economic status. Attended the National Institute of Child Health to spend time with children that faced illness or injuries that did not allowed them to leave the hospital anytime soon. Also participated in the annual event called Street Store, in where this organization donates clothes to people in need in an innovative way of setting up a store so they can try and choose what they like the most to keep.
MATH AND VIOLIN TUTOR May 2019 – August 2019
• Taught violin to a 5-year-old and 6-year-old for four months in Lima. Also, taught Math to a middle school student during that period.
PERUVIAN STUDENT ASSOCIATION November 2018 – Active
• Co-founder and Executive member of the club where we promote Peruvian culture throughout the UBC campus with activities and events.
SKILLS ANS INTERESTS
Activities: Executive of Peruvian Student Association at UBC
Languages: English (Fluent) - Spanish (Native)
Interests: Swimming - Soccer - Music - Peruvian/Latin Culture - Hiking
Skills: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word - Tutoring
Awards: Excellence in Economics in 2016, given to the best student of this course in my high-school grade
UBC Outstanding International Student Award in 2018 upon my admission to this University
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest violin lessons to help you.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$35|