I approach my students with an individualized mentorship approach, coupled with patience, genuine care, and empathy. I believe that a significant part of grasping a difficult subject is developing the self-confidence to get creative and approach problems in new ways, in part by securing a fundamental understanding of specific concepts. My ultimate goal is to teach my students to teach themselves - as much as I enjoy working with them, I'll have done my job if I've put myself out of work.
I'm a very dynamic person, and I become enthralled watching others' eyes light up as they delve into something that inspires them. I find getting to know students as people, and then harnessing their strengths and working through their weaknesses, to be one of the most enriching things we can do not only for each other, but for the good of our society.
Currently, I am finishing my Bachelor of Education to become a fully-certified teacher in Ontario.
• 2 years tutoring students
• Expertise in Ontario science and math curricula
• Specializes in students aged 11–18
• Experience using videoconference and virtual whiteboard software to teach science and math
• Experience teaching science and math to English- and French-language learners
My students see increases in their scientific inquiry skills and in their self-awareness, which empower them to approach any subject with confidence and rigour. Having conducted research on the neuroscience of learning and memory in my previous degree, I bring cutting-edge, effective techniques to my teaching.
HBSc, Neuroscience; University of Toronto, St. George Campus
JLP315: Language Acquisition
LIN200: Introduction to Linguistics
PSY492: Neurobiology of Learning and Memory
PSY493: Cognitive Neuroscience
HMB306: Ethics in Emerging Technology
FSL272: French Grammar
ITA100: Introductory Italian Language
Dean's List Scholar (x4)
Regents In-Course Scholarship (x3)
Milne Research Award
President's Entrance Scholarship
Awards for Academic and Community Achievement (x2)
TEACHER CANDIDATE, Queen's University (B.Ed. Candidate)
4 months in-classroom, 2019–2020
• To be certified in Grades 7–12 Biology, Math
• Specialist in Assessment & Evaluation
• Used student inquiry-centred instruction to teach diverse biology and mathematics units (Grades 10–12).
• Lead extra help sessions for Grade 9–12 students.
ONLINE MATH INSTRUCTOR
Beijing, China, 2018
• Used videoconference software to teach Ontario math curriculum to Grade 11 English-language learners in China
• Designed original lessons using virtual whiteboard and slideshow
2017 - 2018; French, biology, mathematics (40 hours total)
• Taught and mentored students aged 10-18 from diverse cultures and economic backgrounds, smoothly adapting sessions to individuals.
• Fostered diverse, adaptive literacy, including that of second languages and sciences.
• Focused on metacognition and building of life skills, empowering students to become aware of and take action on their own learning needs.
EDUCATIONAL & CULTURAL PROGRAMMER
07/2015, 2017 Explore French Immersion, QC (800 hours total)
• Created and delivered original lessons on university-level biology and anatomy to second-language learners.
• Conceived and realized innovative gala and performance for 150 students, managing 10 colleagues underhigh-stress conditions.
• Prepared during free time while working 80-hour weeks, maintaining a positive, encouraging demeanour.
• Mentored emotionally vulnerable students from across Canada, using attention to detail and initiative to cross language barriers, and approach students in need.
•Responded to emergencies with speed, tact, and cooperation.
• Students described lessons as exciting and “surprisingly fun.”
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$300|