I like to get to know students strengths, areas of improvement, likes, dislikes, and their goals before teaching them so that we can work together to accomplish them. I use many different tools; texts, videos, games, conversations, and interactive activities to help students deepen the skills they have and learn new ones. During the time of Covid-19, I operate out of Google classroom to prepare students for when we go back to school and find the best results come from face-to-face online class time.
I am currently an elementary school teacher in the Thames Valley District School board. I have taught in various positions and levels both in Ontario and in Argentina. I have taught English as a second language to business people, kids & teens in private language academies, and in the public system. I have worked on IELTS preparation with international students, and taught summer language classes in person and online with the TVDSB. I have taught in both private and public sectors, and with various age groups and language abilities.
Certified elementary and high school teacher with OCT. Current member of TVDSB.
Current: Thames Valley District School Board, London.
Certifications: B.ED., B.A., TELL p. 1, TEFL, OCT certified
Summer School English Language Program (TVDSB)- Grade 4
Online via Google Classroom
- improving student's English Language and basic math skills
- 3 hrs everyday face-to-face
Princess Elizabeth P.S. (TVDSB)- Prep. and Grade 1/2 teacher
Kindergarten health, Gr.7 Phys. ed, Gr.8 geography/history, ESL, Gr. 1/2 science & social studies
- responsible for providing language and math instruction for at-home learning during covid-19 shut down
Newcomer Summer English Program (TVDSB)
- grade 7/8
- strengthening language skills
- writing, reading, speaking
- grade 10 & 12 English
- essay writing, reading, OSSLT prep
- IELTS study/prep groups for international students
- private English language academy (kids & teens), speaking, listening, accent reduction, reading & exam prep.
- private language school (adults), general English, business English, English exam prep.
- CEIBAL online English teacher for high school students in Uruguay
- fluent in Google classroom and teaching live classes online
- knowledge on various educational online resources
- OSSLT and IELTS preparation experience
- Spanish speaking and writing skills
- 3 years of international, local, individual, private & public teaching experience
- experience with Ontario curriculum and expectations
Perfect! She was too friendly and led me well so I wouldn't get nervous.be a good teacher
Mijung was a great student. She came to our first lesson on time and ready to work. She tried her best and I look forward to more classes with her.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|