Through my teaching experiences, I've come to use a methodology that focuses on the use of Total Physical Response (TPR), along with images, repetition, and of course, enthusiasm. Positive reinforcement is a central motivating factor in learning development. Most importantly, a teacher must create a fun and open environment in order for students to grow and flourish with confidence in their English language skills.
I have a bachelor's degree in Psychology along with a TEFL/TOEFL certification, allowing me to teach English as a second language abroad and locally. My psychology background is paired with experience working with children with special needs (primarily autism), as well adults with various mental illnesses (schizophrenia, bipolar, manic disorder, depression, anxiety, and more).
TESOL/TESL Certification (100 Hours) October 2016
Oxford Seminars, Waterloo, Ontario
Bachelors of Arts: Honors Arts Psychology Program September 2013 – December 2016
University of Waterloo - Waterloo, Ontario
College diploma in Social Science Program August 2011 – May 2013
Vanier College - Montreal, Quebec
English Teacher November 2017- Present
ALO7 – Online
• Conveying lessons through an online smart board platform to classes of 3-5 students based in China from various English skill levels (ages 3-15)
• Promote an ability to recall content from previous lessons through total physical response (TPR), repetition, use of images, and other teaching techniques
• Encourage English dialogue and abstract thinking to expand young minds
• Creating an open and comfortable environment through positive reinforcement and praise for effort in order for students to learn and grow from grammatical/pronunciation errors
• Create fun and engaging activities to develop a love for the English language in students
English Teacher October 2017 – March 2018
Apax English - Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
• Conveying lessons through a smart board to classes of 16 Vietnamese students from various English skill levels (ages 5-15)
• Encouraging class participation and proper behavior through modeling and reward system
• Organizing fun and innovative learning games/activities to promote proper identification of vocabulary words & themes discussed in class
• Promoting an open-minded, fun, and engaging space in an effort to encourage children to develop and enhance their English language abilities
• Preparing students for oral presentations through in-class brainstorming activities
• Recording and editing creative thinking projects in which students role-play scripts associated with themes discussed in class
• Grading students’ homework, in-class assignments, and quizzes
• Writing student progress reports for parents
• Performing demo classes for parents interested in enrolling their children into Apax English program
Personal Support Worker February 2017 – September 2017
Noble Residential Home
• Attending to the needs of 27 adult residents with various mental illnesses (schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, anxiety, depression, etc.)
• Administering prescribed dosages of daily medication (morning, noon, evening, and night)
• Communicating with pharmacies, doctors, psychiatrists, dentists, and social workers in booking appointments, adjusting medication as instructed, and monitoring the progress of residents’ mental and physical health
• Assisting with the completion of daily cleaning tasks and food preparation
• Assisting residents with daily responsibilities that work towards gaining a sense of independence and self-reliance (laundry, shopping, maintaining personal hygiene, etc.)
• Organizing and accompanying trips for resident’s entertainment and leisure
• Complying with and upholding all applicable legislation, including all health and safety regulations
• Immediately attending to residents’ emergency calls at all times
Special Needs Child Care Worker
Private Family February 2015 – Present
• Working with children with mental and physical disabilities (primarily Autism)
• Interacting with clients in order to enhance speech, communication, and social behavioral skills
• Engaging clients in a fun, abstract, and creative manner
• Applying skills obtained from training specific to the client’s needs
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|