I plan my lessons meticulously, so they are well-structured to engage my students in a way that encourages active participation.
I have taught English to adults and adolescents of various nationalities and I know how to adjust my teaching strategies to diverse cultural backgrounds and learning styles.
I have been a language teacher for 19 years, I have worked and lived in different countries where I have taught English to students of various levels. My professional background and my training at the University of Cambridge,which focused on second language acquisition, adequately prepare me for tutoring learners of all ages.
If the student cancels less than 24 hours before the scheduled start, he/she will be charged for the cost of the entire lesson.
Morning classes at my house: Individual or groups of 2/3.
LANGUAGE SKILLS French English: Bilingual Spanish and Italian: Fluent
September 2016 Freelance Translator English to French
Immobel USA, Espiche Portugal
Sept. 2009-2016 ESL, History & Spanish Teacher
Den Norske Skole Gran Canaria (Norwegian school of Gran Canaria),Spain
From Grade 10 to 13 :
• ESL and Spanish immersion classes
• Preparation and evaluation of national examinations
• Norwegian National curriculum, assessment, differentiation
• Daily use of IT ( Language software and diverse pedagogical platforms)
2010-2016 ESL Teacher (evening classes for adults)
Language school El Tablero Gran Canaria, Spain
• ESL classes for adults (beginners, intermediate, advanced)
• Preparation to National ESL exam (speaking, listening, reading and writing)
• Tutoring ( individual and small groups)
Sept. 2006-2008 English (ESL) and History Teacher
Colegio Arenas Sur Bilingual school-San Agustín, Spain
From Grade 6 to 12
• IB curriculum and preparation to Cambridge ESL exams
• National examinations, differentiation (speaking, listening, reading and writing)
• Weekly support classes with conversation workshops
2004-2006 English (ESL) & Spanish Teacher
A.N Morin secondary school, Ste Adèle,Quebec,
From Grade 8 to 10
99 – 2004 French and Spanish Teacher,
Queen of angels Academy, Dorval, Quebec
French from Grade 8 to 11 Spanish from Grade 10 & 11
• Course work, assessment, end of year examinations (speaking, listening, reading and writing)
• Organisation of plays performed by students
• Weekly tutoring to motivate reluctant learners
• Daily use of IT ( Language software, smart board, internet)
• Open house: in charge of “the Spanish booth”
• Participation in and coordination of students award ceremony
Dec 98-March 99 English (ESL) and French Teacher
Sainte Marcelline Secondary School, Westmount,Quebec,
Support classes for allophones.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCES
Feb 93-Aug 93 Advertising assistant
NTCE Advertising Company, Milan, Italy
1997-1998 Post Graduate Certificate of Education (teaching second languages)
Homerton College, Cambridge, England
1993-1996 Bachelor degree of English.
3 years in English language and culture with option “teaching ESL” and intensive Spanish conversation classes.
Université de Provence, France
December 2017: Volunteer at the Food bank (Onrock community services) Pierrefonds, Qc
October 2009-2016 Volunteer at San Fernando school of Theatre and Music
Sept 2004- 2006 Sunday school teacher, Anglican Church, Ste Agathe, Quebec
Sept 2000-2003 Soccer Coach/Trainer - Queen of angels Academy, Dorval,
Sept-June 89 Soccer Coach: Jewish Community Center, San Francisco, California
COMPUTER LITERACY Word processing, Google docs, One Drive, XP Office and various pedagogical platforms
Culture: Guitar and Drama
Sports: Swimming, Soccer (coaching), skiing, Bodysurfing
Travel : Italy, North America, France, Spain, Cuba.
References available on request
As a project manager for an important consulting company, I hired Max as a tutor to enhance my communication skills in English.He is very professional and his lessons are fun and enriching.I would strongly recommend him as a tutor.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$35||Not available||$40|
|5 hours||$175||Not available||$200|
|10 hours||$300||Not available||$400|