I teach based on the TEFL method, I like to create fun and entertaining lessons. I like to use lessons that are designed around current events and songs to make things more interesting. I am happy to help with anything you need to practice whether it be, vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar or all of the above!
I am an administrative professional with many years of ESL teaching experience. I have my TEFL certification and I also spent two years in Mexico teaching English, both from a home school as well as at a various English schools.
As the owner of Innnovative Events, an event planning and promotions business in Penticton, BC. I have worked since February of last year, to provide the community with events that will attract locals and promote community spirit and help charities raise funds and awareness. Previous positions included administrative work, event planning and marketing.
Skills & Experience
• Problem solving, critical thinking, time management, creative thinking, teamwork and communication.
• Event management as well as meeting, workshop, charitable event and teambuilding session organization
• Collaborating with Program Coordinators in preparing course materials, contracts and instructors for various courses as well as contract management including Service Contracts.
• Scheduling and database administration using Microsoft Access.
• Typing, editing and mailing correspondence. Very experienced with mail merge feature of Microsoft Word as well as creating and editing PowerPoint and other types of presentations.
• Creating and editing spreadsheets using macros and complicated formulas as well as graphs, charts and pivot tables.
• Handling cash and other financial transactions including reconciling and some bookkeeping.
• Developed strategies for executing market research for a Venture Capital Company.
• Scheduling meetings and making travel arrangements for CEO.
• Preparing and organizing marketing materials.
Started event planning business in February and have run two very successful fundraising events in Penticton raising over $10,000 for charity.
Receiving commendation and reference letter for boosting morale through planned events and teambuilding workshops.
Collection over $2000 for charity by running Haunted House at Halloween for the last two years
Streamlined processes for scheduling database increasing efficiency and customer satisfaction measurably
Setup and ran home ESL school in Mexico – including all of the marketing, scheduling and bookkeeping
Launched Innovative Events – Penticton, BC February 2016 - present
Enrolment and Campus Support Clerk – Okanagan College, Penticton BC Aug 26, 2013 – May 29, 2015
Bank Teller – Scotiabank, Penticton, BC January 2013 – April 2014
Various incl. Executive Receptionist – Capilano University, North Van, BC August 2011 – November 2011
Administrative Assistant – Industry Training Authority, Burnaby, BC December 2007 – August 2011
English Teacher – Home based English School, Monterrey, NL, Mexico August 2006 – November 2007
Administrative Services – Omni Warranty Corp., Vancouver, BC December 2004 – July 2006
Executive Assistant – Erythana Ventures, Vancouver, BC July 2003 – December 2004
Administrative Assistant – Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, Calgary, AB July 1999 – June 2002
Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, BC (distance)
Working towards bachelor’s degree in Psychology and Event Management Certificate
UBC, Vancouver, BC
Various course in customer service and Human Resources as well as SQL server, Word and Excel
Archer College, Vancouver, BC
TEFL Certificate – graduated with honors
Office Administration Certificate Program
Spectrum Community School (High School)
High School Graduation – focus on bookkeeping courses
I have known Lisa for almost ten years now. Lisa is a lively, intelligent, creative and fun teacher who is serious about helping her students improve their English skills. Her experience and skills are what draws one in, but her caring and fun personality keep students coming back for more!
She’s funny and authentic, you’ll have tons of fun practicing your English with her!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|