I help students to think and find solutions and answers on their own, by guiding them and asking them probing questions. I give students real life examples, and relevant scenarios to make them find the teaching content meaningful and interesting.
I have enjoyed guiding and training Primary and Secondary School student-teachers for over 15 years overseas. I hold Bachelor of Education and teacher certificate from Toronto University and TESL from Toronto Board of Education. My students called me "mom" & said I make difficult lessons easy for them to understand.
Doctor of Philosophy in Education 2003
University of Pretoria, South Africa (SA), Didactic/Teaching & Learning
Bachelor of Education & Teacher Certificate 1986
University of Toronto, Drama & Computer Science
Master of Arts 1978
University of Tehran (Iran), Comparative Literature
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities 1974
Osmania University (India), Philosophy, Persian, English
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND CERTIFICATES
• Curriculum Development in Higher Education, Rhodes University. Result: Highly competent 2013
• Best Evidence Practices in the Education and Training of Adults: Training of Trainers Certificate:
Foundation for Professional Development (SA) 2010
• Ontario Teachers Certificate, Canada 1986
• Teaching English as a Second Language Certificate, Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Culture &
Toronto Board of Education 1984
• Service Excellence Award, University of Venda, South Africa (SA) 2017
• Recognition of Valuable Contribution Certificate, Center for Higher Education Teaching & Learning,
University of Venda 2017
• Excellent appraisal from external examiners for quality teaching and students’ achievement 2016
Senior Education Development Practitioner- Staff Development 08/2016–12/ 2017
University of Venda, Centre for Higher Education Teaching and Learning (SA)
Lecturer (part-time 30+ hours a week) 2011-Aug 2016
University of Venda, Institute for Gender and Youth Studies, (SA)
First Education Specialist 2007-2010
Gauteng Department of Education, Inclusion and Special Education, E-Learning, & Curriculum Support Unit (SA)
• Guided teachers on identification of learners with barriers to learning
• Trained teachers on intervention strategies, curriculum adaptation and differentiation
• Curriculum adaptation for fast-track intermediate and junior secondary learners
• Study skills, time management and motivation for senior secondary learners & teachers
First Education Specialist 2003–2007
North West & Gauteng Provincial Department of Education (SA)
• Supported & mentored Primary and Secondary School teachers in 35 schools; trained teachers in
planning, assessment, portfolio assessment, Outcomes-Based Education
Head of Work Experience and Department of Professional Studies 1996-2003
Hebron College of Education, SA
• Supervised staff members & lectured Educational Studies courses
Hebron College of Education, Sub-department of Work Experience
• Lectured courses in Educational Studies, Teaching Methods, & Theories of Learning & Psychology of Education to primary and secondary student- teachers, supervised Teaching Practice (Practicum)
ESL instructor: Toronto & Iran 1978-1986
Good! Hi Parvaneh’s lessons are great. She is easy to learn from and helps you understand things better.
It was very nice to meet you Supranee. I enjoy working with you to improve your language skills. You can express yourself fairly. However, we need to work on your accent, grammar, simple writing and speaking skills. I am sure, after each lesson you will feel more confident. I recommend that you dedicate at least an hour to practicing English each day. Happy learning!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$30||Not available||Not available|