My teaching methods depend upon the individual student. Having taught multiple students, with various ethnic backgrounds and learning styles, I start off with a varied approach of key concepts that will be covered, and as the lesson goes on I do my best to shift the focus towards the specific learning style that the student can learn the most from
I am a Licensed Paralegal in Ontario, currently completing my graduate studies in business (MBA). I currently am a Private College Professor teaching Paralegal Studies in Ontario, as well as teaching ESL to students online. I have previously graduated from York University. English is my first language, and I am excited to help anyone at any level with their English.
Kanwaljit (Ken) Gogna
A dedicated, motivated paralegal instructor/paralegal faculty head in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada looking to expand my role in the education industry.
2017-Present University Canada West Online, Vancouver, BC
• Masters in Business Administration (MBA) Graduate Degree in progress
2012 Sheridan Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Brampton, ON
• Awarded Paralegal Diploma with High Honours and 4.0 GPA
2003 York University, Faculty of Arts, Toronto, ON
• Awarded Bachelor of Arts Degree Majoring in Sociology
Corporate Employment Experience
2017- VIPKID, Beijing, China
Present Online ESL Teacher
• Teaching students ESL online from ages 4-13
• Focusing on sight words, pronouns, pronuciation, TPR techniques
• Using a variety of techniques to break down the barrier included technology props and an active learning enironment
• Consistently receiveing 5 star reviews from parents
2016- triOS Business Technology Healthcare, Greater Toronto Area West
Present Paralegal Faculty Head / Paralegal Program Coordinator
• Overseeing the maintenance of triOS College’s Paralegal Program accreditation with the Law Society of Upper Canada (LSUC).
• Responsible for ensuring that all elements of the Program meet the LSUC’s requirements according to Paralegal Education Program Accreditation Policy.
• Working with the academic service team and head office, to maintain and improve both curriculum and assessments to ensure that they are current, valid and in compliance with the LSUC.
• Conduct faculty calls for Paralegal faculty.
• Conduct classroom audits to ensure licensee instructors are covering required competencies in an accurate and competent manner.
• Overseeing the paralegal placement process to ensure that students are entering into placements with licensees who are in good standing with the LSUC, and are being mentored according to the required competencies of the program.
2015- triOS Business Technology Healthcare, Brampton, ON
Present Legal Instructor / Private College Professor
• Delivering course curriculum in class/online, ensuring student awareness of course competencies and objectives.
• Tutoring and academic counseling of students, while evaluating student progress/achievement aimed at reducing attrition
• Continuously overachieving instructor survey results, indicating student satisfaction with teaching methods, learning, and classroom environment.
• Defining, evaluating and validating learning outcomes and designing appropriate strategies and tools for assessing different student learning, including developing curriculum to test competencies taught in the classroom
• Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations that incorporate technology when appropriate.
2012- Justitia Legal Services, Brampton, ON
Present Paralegal in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada
• Sole Proprietorship providing Legal Services in Small Claims Court, Landlord and Tenant Board, and Provincial Offences Court.
• Significant experience in drafting pleadings, representations at motions, hearings, assessments, trials, as well as judgment enforcement and reciprocal judgment enforcement across Canada
• A strong client advocate with significant trial experience in Small Claims Court and Landlord and Tenant Hearings.
Oct.2011- First Capital Legal Services, Vaughan, ON
Oct 2012 Paralegal Student/Collections
• Responsible for a client file load including drafting of pleadings, court motions, court filing, serving of documents, and enforcement of judgments, including Small Claims Court, and the Landlord and Tenant Board.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest creative writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$43|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$215|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$430|