I am a flexible teacher, I believe that it is important for students to have fun while learning. As such, I try to shape lessons in such a way that will engage the particular interests of each student while meeting their learning objectives. I offer in person classes in Ottawa, but also live lessons via Skype or Zoom if it is more convenient. I have over a year's worth of experience teaching through live video chat and have achieved impressive results through this medium.
Hi there, I am an internationally experienced teacher, tutor, writing coach, researcher and analytical writer, who is offering my services as a tutor or part-time teacher on a wide variety of historical topics. I have lived and worked in 4 different countries, have an undergraduate degree in history and a graduate degree in international law, and a teaching approach which is flexible and centred around the needs and interests of each student.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (online lessons available via Skype or Zoom)
Experienced Canadian teacher, legal and political researcher, analyst and professional writer
Skillset: Nearly a decade worth of experience in research and analytical writing; advanced writing skills gleaned from a variety of professional and academic experiences; a wide breadth of knowledge on global subjects related to international law and history; direct experience teaching students of all age groups and from different walks of life; capable of composing curricula, lesson plans and assignments from scratch based on the unique needs and abilities of each student., and experience enhancing the writing skills of professionals.
- Masters of Laws (LLM) from the University of Edinburgh (Scotland, UK) Class of 2018
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours (major in History and Political Science) from Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Class of 2013
- Observation Training, offered by the Electoral Commission of Ghana (2016)
- English as a Second Language Teaching Certificate from the Global TESOL College (Toronto, Canada), 2008
Past and Current Employment Experience:
September 2017 - Present
Online History Instructor, Jingsi Education Ltd, based in Beijing, China (home-based position, via the internet)
- Teaching history to students based in China via an online platform (the subject matter and topics vary with respect to historical period and area of focus)
- Grading homework assignments for both spelling and grammatical errors, in addition to historical content and accuracy
- Periodically constructing curricula of my own from scratch, based on my topical knowledge and teaching experience
June 2015 – January 2017
Editor and writer for the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (Pakistan Country Office), or UNODC-COPAK, in Islamabad, Pakistan
- Edited a diverse variety of documents (including policy papers, training modules for legal professionals and official correspondence)
- Composed and edited speeches and web stories
- Composed and edited the organisation’s second country programme (a statement of its planned programming for 2016-2019)
- Wrote supporting policy related documents for the second country programme (covering the mandate areas of the UNODC in Pakistan)
- Engaged in freelance work on behalf of the UNODC office in Iran (both editing and writing)
Election Observer, Canadian-Australian Observation Team, in Tamale, Ghana
- Engaged in election observation training offered by the Electoral Commission of Ghana at the United States Embassy in Accra
- Conducted site visits to various polling stations, both urban and rural, across a particular electoral constituency in northern Ghana
- Conducted interviews with election officials to ensure that election laws and norms were being followed
- Composed substantial reports providing the Canadian High Commission in Ghana with information on the proceedings of the election
- Oversaw the lengthy counting processes, both at polling and collation centres
September 2014 – June 2015
English language instructor and editor at the Royal Danish Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan
- Taught English as a Second Language (ESL) to a wide diversity of local staff
- Improved the professional writing skills of many trade and development officers
- Created classroom curricula from scratch based on the needs of each particular student
- Composed assignments and tests to correspond with the curriculum
- Occasional assistance with extraordinary embassy activities (an international trade conference, “Creative Denmark” cultural event, etc.)
- Edited documents and official correspondence
January 2012-April 2012
Research Intern at Laurier House Museum in Ottawa, Ontario
- Conducted in-depth research on the political career of Canadian Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King, including the use of primary evidence
- Composed a small book on the major events of King’s political career for the benefit of museum guests (published by Parks and Recreation Canada)
- Assisted in the organisation of primary sources for the overall benefit of the research project
September 2010-April 2012
Student Mentor (teaching assistant), Centre for Initiatives in Education at Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Organised study groups and presentations on effective study habits
- Mentored first year and mature students with their transition to university
- Administered tests and exams
- Regularly assisted in the classroom activities of a first year seminar
- Conducted quarterly interviews with students on academic goals and composed regular progress reports
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest general knowledge lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, current affairs lessons for all!
Taking philosophy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|