My teaching methods focus on the specific troubles that a student has with the course and build a foundation to explain the more complicated subjects in a way they can grasp. I prefer providing examples that students can relate to which helps them connect and remember the topic more clearly. I am very patient with my students and make sure to simplify the topic as much as possible till the student has a clear understanding of it.
I have a Master's in Economics with experience tutoring high school math, economics, and even university level business courses . I am also writing the CFA Level 2 exam providing great insight in business and accounting with more than 3 years of experience as a Financial Analyst.
- Strong academic background with a Master’s degree in Economics from the University of Windsor
- Solid professional background in the financial services industry as a Financial Analyst
- Expert capabilities in being goal oriented and building an excellent rapport with clients
- Proven ability to analyze data and extract relationships between datasets using Stata and Matlab with extensive research capabilities
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and email and internet research
2015 to 2017
Master of Arts (MA), Economics
University of Windsor
2007 to 2011
Honours Bachelor of Arts (HBA), Double Major in Economics in the Management Studies and International Studies
University of Toronto
October 2017 to Present
Toronto Elite Tutorial Services, Toronto, ON
- Tutoring high school and university students on a one-on-one basis with a focus on material comprehension
- Experienced in tutoring, Grade 10 Mathematics, Grade 12 Economics, Grade 12 AP Economics, and 1st year University Business and Management Courses
- Ensure that the students are keeping up with the material by checking their homework and explaining difficult concepts with a better understanding
- Create an impact in the students' GPA and provide learning skills and techniques to assist them in the courses as well as in their future
Graduate Teaching Assistant
September 2016 to April 2017
University of Windsor, Windsor, ON
- Assist students with economic subjects and better support their understanding
- Hold office hours to ensure a thorough communication with the students to aid them in any difficult subjects in microeconomics and macroeconomics
- Ensure all assignments are explained properly and accurately
- Proctor and grade exams to ensure proper exam procedures are followed
February 2012 to August 2015
Foresters Financial, Toronto, ON
- Responsible for connecting with brokers, portfolio managers, and the custodian, State Street, to ensure timely settlement of securities, and reviewing the calculation of segregated fund unit values on a daily basis while verifying the NAVs against their benchmarks
- Update daily cash statement and other reporting processes for all trading and other activities to ensure cash flows are reconciled accurately and on a timely basis and any trade discrepancies are dealt with
- Assist in preparing company’s management reports for the Investments and Finance divisions and distribute them on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Process quarterly compliance procedures for all investments to check for violations to the policy and update files to ensure compliance was completed in a timely manner with great attention to detail
- Prepare memos, presentations, quarterly and annual analytical reports such as MD&A, performance, and OSFI reports for the Board, senior management, and regulators developing positive relationships
- Extract information from Bloomberg and other databases to create files to facilitate quarterly activities
- Conduct financial analysis of projects to increase productivity by streamlining some processes by several days saving time and money
- Process corporate actions in the system to ensure the responses are recorded accurately
- Reconcile all custody records to the investment accounting general ledger using pivot tables, macros, and vlookups to ensure accuracy within all systems
- Post journal entries and update financial records to ensure all activity is recorded
- Utilize Bloomberg to attain necessary pricing information as well as update holdings on Bloomberg on a daily basis to ensure the portfolio managers have accurate and timely information
- Assist the Investment Services Manager in creating databases in Excel to manage workflows better for any new procedures as well as on an ad hoc basis
CFA Level II Candidate
Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
The Canadian Securities Institute
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest economics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, business lessons for all!
Taking microeconomics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|