- Hourly rate $18
- Response Time 7h
- Number of students 2
1st lesson is free!
Former Assistant Professor of Architecture with 3 years of teaching experience at UG & PG level, teaches Sketchup at a beginners level in Toronto. Info required - Topics to be covered or assignments
- By webcam
About the lesson
I firmly believe that everyone can learn. If a student has difficulty learning a concept, it is important that we break it down to its basics and investigate; which of those concepts was taught unconvincingly.
- It is never a student's fault if they do not understand a concept.
- Every lesson will be planned and the plan presented at the beginning of the session.
- Time will be spent to ensure that the student understands the concept as best as possible.
- Use of teaching aids will be used, including the use of a stylus and a screen so everything is worked out live for the students.
- Shared screens to understand the simplest Sketchup Workflow available!
- Sketchup will be used in its default version without plug ins. If you do have plug ins that you want to explore, we can set up a separate session for that.
- All Levels
About Joseph James
Help me, help you; believe in yourself. Anyone can use Sketchup, but I can help you use it the easy way; as installed, without the use of plug ins.
Teaching isn’t a walk in the park, and nothing we do can prepare us for the pleasant surprises that accompany the job. Nevertheless, it gives you room to grow; because only when you must explain to a child, is your knowledge truly tested. This led me to put together knowledge gained through my time as an Architect in Kuwait, India, and my time studying Environmental Design at Bath; to try and create a tailor-made coursework for students of various years.
My greatest joy has always been to go by my theory - If you cannot explain a concept to an elementary school student, then you probably haven't understood the concept yourself.
My Grandparents were both teachers, but the next generation avoided it in search of other pursuits. I however want to teach because knowledge was created to be passed on, and it can change the future for generations to come; if passed on the right way.
- 5 h: $90
- 10 h: $180
- $ 18/h