My teaching method is based upon relating topics to real word understanding and helping prepare students to enter university with confidence and ease. I am a very warm and relatable person and I think that is what sets me apart from other tutors. I believe that my students will have a very good experience.
Kelsey is very serious about her studies. She takes time to understand the content of her subject and is able to relay the information in her own words. This is very valuable to students who are experiencing difficulties. Kelsey is empathetic, but also able to gently challenge deeper understanding in people.
I have spent the last 4 years studying psychology and related fields. I am interested in helping those who may be getting ready to join university or in there high school years. When I began university I was not prepared for the writing styles and type of studying I was getting into. I want to help students prepare for the format of writing. I also would be willing to give some psychology tutoring as well. Help to better understand psychology terms and topics in order to excel in the field.
• Strong work ethic
• Keen interest in learning
• Enjoy collaboration with peers/colleagues
• Avid reader
• Focused on tasks at hand
• People person
• Extremely open minded
• Superior research skills
• Excellent writing abilities
• Highly motivated
High School Diploma | 2013 |
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)| June 2018 |
• 60 credit hours of psychology course work completed including: developmental psychology (physical, emotional, cognitive); developmental psycholinguistic psychology; abnormal psychology; psychology of learning.
• Other courses include: criminology and criminal justice, human rights, and political science.
• GPA: 3.4
Cashier | 2011-2013
• Responsible for cashier duties, cleaning, stocking shelves, assisting customers.
Summer Recreation Program
Summer Camp Coordinator | 2014
• Responsible for the daily development of activities for approximately 30 children aged 5-12.
• Responsible for nutrition breaks (choosing healthy snacks, also consideration of allergies, diabetes or other special dietary issues).
• Responsible for the annual community Canada day festivities for children.
• Regular maintenance of village amenities (including painting, cleaning, repairing)
• Collaborative project with other students to manage the functioning of the village Train Museum.
Assistant to the Administrative Service Representative (Summer Position) | 2015-2017
• Processing incoming mail
• Creating and distributing documents
• Serving as a point of contact with administrators
• Maintaining computer system by updating and entering data
• Setting appointments and arranging meetings
• Maintaining calendars of HR management team
• Compiling reports and spreadsheets and preparing spreadsheets
• Posting job ads and organizing resumes and job applications
• Scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview process
• Preparing new employee files
• Orienting new employees to the organization
Volunteered as an assistant in the Parents and Tots program
• Organized program materials and the physical environment
• Interacted with children ages 2-3 diagnosed on the autism spectrum.
• Intervene in play facilitation, modeling social skills and appropriate behaviors
• Collaborated with other assistants in the development of program changes and reflection on current programs.
References Available Upon Request
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|