My biggest strength is my ability to be adaptable in different situations. I understand that not every student will have the same needs or learning methods, so I am willing to try new teaching methods to suit each individual student.
I am an Accounting Student in University taking French classes as well. I have lived in both Quebec and France for extended periods of time and I consider myself fully bilingual, fluent in English and French. I enjoy helping others succeed and I would like to pass along my knowledge in the French language to those who are willing to learn.
Western University London, ON
- Bachelor of Management and Organizational Studies (BMOS), Expected May 2019
Honors Specialization in Accounting
- Major in French Studies
- Certificate of Business French
École Secondaire l’Essor Tecumseh, ON
- Bilingual Ontario Secondary School Diploma, June 2014
Current Engineering Ltd. Windsor, ON
Administrative Assistant July 2013 – Present
- Managed financial transactions with strict attention to detail, using Sage SA to complete payroll, invoicing, and accurate record keeping on behalf of the company.
- Prepared monthly payroll remittance reports using Excel in order to calculate the correct amount of income tax deductions, CPP contributions and EI premiums to remit.
- Performed other administrative tasks as needed when working full-time in Windsor, and currently working part-time in London demonstrating to be effective at working remotely.
HBI Canada Vancouver, BC
Warehouse Clerk June 2017 – August 2017
- Excelled within a fast-paced environment by picking customer’s orders promptly and efficiently to ensure accurate delivery of products.
- Inspected incoming shipments thoroughly to ensure they were complete and free of damage, then accurately entered the new inventory into the RF system.
- Provided technical training to new staff, as well as performed other general warehouse duties as needed including a year-end inventory count while working closely with a team.
École élémentaire Ste-Thérèse Windsor, ON
Tutor September 2012 – June 2013
- Provided additional support and instruction to students with homework as well as organized activities to amuse and educate young children in a French environment.
- Identified improvement areas and influenced young children’s learning by helping them find solutions to their individual problems.
- Established a supportive relationship with each student by continuously displaying a positive attitude and acting as a trustworthy role model.
Université Nice Sophia Antipolis Nice, France
Third Year in Nice Exchange Program Sept 2016 – May 2017
- Completed the final courses required to earn a Major in French Studies while living overseas for an extended period of time.
- Adjusted to a different academic system, adopted the culture of a foreign country, and interacted with people from all over the world.
École d’immersion française de Trois-Pistoles Trois-Pistoles, QC
Five Week University Credit Program May 2015 – June 2015
- Completed two French courses and earned a Certificate of French Immersion while completely immersed in the Quebecois lifestyle.
- Improved my French substantially through a combination of academic, socio-cultural, formal and informal exposure to French language and culture.
Welcome Team Volunteer London, ON
International & Exchange Student Centre (IESC) Sept 2017 – present
- Welcomed new international and exchange students to Western and assisted them with settlement issues mainly during September and January.
Community Volunteer Income Tax Program London, ON
CVITP Western University Student Council March 2016 and March 2018
- Prepared and filed income tax and benefit returns for eligible individuals according to CRA regulations using EFILE software, maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
Honors and Certifications
- Global and Intercultural Engagement Honour Expected May 2019
- Certificate of Academic Engagement Oct 2017
- Certificate of French Immersion June 2015
CLUBS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Western University London, ON
- Western Accounting Association Sept 2017 – Present
- Western French Club Sept 2017 – Present
- Intramural Basketball Sept 2015 – April 2016
- Western Wildlife Conservatory Society Sept 2014 – April 2015
- Western Juggler’s Club Sept 2014 – April 2015
Languages: Fluent in English and French
Technical Skills: Proficient in Sage Simply Accounting
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|