My focus is to identify each student's learning style and help them build a robust conceptual framework around their guitar playing. I help students understand music theory and harmony by providing valuable context and simplifying abstract and confusing details.
I'm a professional Musician with 11 years teaching experience. I have a wide scope of musical interests and experience teaching a wide variety of styles and instruments. My creative strengths as a musician, a composer / producer, and my experience as a mentor to hundreds of students over the years have rounded me into a strong teacher.
I studied Jazz Guitar Performance at Humber College (B.mus).
Interview on teaching and having fun with the guitar :
I also teach:
- Beat making / music production with Logic, Protools, and Ableton
- Electric Bass
- Drum Kit
Sean is a musician, music teacher, producer, and audio engineer, based in Toronto.
Humber College, Bachelor Of Music Performance, Guitar
Humber Community Music
Malvern Collegiate Institute, Toronto, Ontario Honour Student, Ontario Scholar.
2010 - Present
● Teaches music production, guitar, bass, piano, ukulele, drums, music theory, and ear training in
private and group settings.
● Taught masterclasses abroad in China for Beijing MIDI School of Music
● Taught and led ensembles at Beyond the Beat, Mississauga Fine Arts Academy, Songs and
Studies, The Piano Studio, Vienna Academy of Music (Toronto), Mint Music, National Academy of
Music, and Midi School (China).
● Taught guitar at Tuneology Music School
● Volunteer Organizer and Leader of Youth Ensembles at Tuneology Music School
● Managed recording process for remote and studio albums
● Mixed audio for digital and physical distribution
● Composed and recorded original soundtracks for commercial projects
● Mastered audio for digital and physical distribution
● View complete portfolio on goodtracks.ca
Musician and Recording Artist
● Tours, performs, and records with ‘Art the Band’, ‘Shipley Hollow’, ‘Angles Jackson’, Sean Clarey
Trio, ‘Matt Lagan Group’, ‘David Diao Group’, and Various gigs as a sideman
● Worked on art design, press, marketing, and distribution strategies for independent releases
● Tour Manager on several Canadian and American Tours
● Played on Canadian, European, American, and Asian Tours
● Has several Published releases with press on digital streaming services
Next Level Syndicate (Arts Collective)
2012 - 2016
● Organized events, Managed Bookings for touring and local bands
● Graphic Design (flyer, web graphics)
Experience Of Note
● Published Composer and Arranger
● Published Poet
● Recipient of Gordon and Anne Wragg Memorial Scholarship, Kim Mitchell Scholarship, and Kevin
Mackle Memorial Scholarship.
● Technology proficiencies: Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton, Photoshop, Office, Internet Technologies
● Recipient of Honours awards for performances at Musicfest Canada, Heritage Fest in Boston,
and the Guitar Award upon graduation from Humber Colleges Community Music program in
Sean made the complex task of music production seem simple and accessible. By breaking it down into small simple steps he brought me from being a complete novice to be able to record, range and mix my own songs!
Sean and I jam together (acoustic guitar) once a week, for three years now. He encourages me to bring songs I am interested in learning, and he always teaches some cool background stories about the songs/musicians. Sean sets goals and challenges for me that I feel are attainable and I appreciate his teaching style. He always plays along with me and watching him play definitely motivates me. I have sent a few friends to learn acoustic his way, and we all agree that Sean pretty awesome.
Sean has done a wonderful job with teaching my daughters guitar for the past three years. He is very good at balancing fun with learning and has been able to push them to get the best from themselves.
Sean teaches my daughter the guitar, and he is a very patient and fun teacher! He always makes the class a fun experience and allows for variety to keep it interesting.
My 10 year old son has completed a full year of guitar lessons with Sean. Sean has been able to connect with Levi in such a way that has him challenged at a pace that works I think Sean’s experiences and skill set match my sons very well. We are luckily to have found him
I have been taking music production lessons from Sean, and would highly recommend him as a teacher. He is extremely competent, creative, flexible, and will to cater to the student's specific needs. To top it all off, his great sense of humor and personable nature create a fun and positive learning environment!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, acoustic guitar lessons for all!
Taking electric guitar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|