I use a lot of humour to help my students relax and get the most from lessons. All concepts are presented, explained and then we practice. Lessons flow together so we don't get bored. I use games, too.
I have a Bachelor's Degree in Sociology/Anthropology with a minor in English (practicaly a third major). I also earned a BSc. in Education. I taught classroom ESL and did private tutoring overseas for thirteen years. I currently teach ESL online to adults.
Online ESL Coordinator December 2018 to Present
MULTICULTURAL ASSOCIATION OF CARLETON COUNTY
• Interactive Online Adult Learning for Immigrants
• Friendly, quality lessons at all levels
JUNIOR MIDDLE SCHOOL Knowlesville, New Brunswick September 2017 to May 2018
• Created and taught unique lessons in Language Arts, Math and Science in a very rural off-grid private school
• Facilitated and participated in various eco-friendly/back to land workshops
• Experienced self-sufficient, sustainable living and all its challenges and benefits for 10 months
PRIVATE ENGLISH TUTOR AND CONSULTANT August 2013 to August 2017
HIGH SCHOOL, Shenzhen, Guangdong, PRC August 2004 to July 2013
• Developed, coordinated and taught Language Arts (reading, phonics, spelling, grammar, and writing) and Social Studies. Collaborated with cooperating teacher to organize integrated thematic units. Instructed grades 10, 11 and 12.
• Implemented varied teaching techniques to meet the needs of ESL/EFL learners.
• Participated in school conferences, staff meetings, trips, extra-curricular activities and open house classroom presentations.
Supply Teacher: All levels, all subjects
District 14, NB, Canada 2002 to 2004
• Utilized excellent behavior, time and organizational management skills for all grade levels.
• Displayed great punctuality and flexibility in myriad situations, delivering quality lessons with little preparation time.
• Delivered lessons in French to both Core and French Immersion pupils.
DEBEC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Debec, NB Summers of 2002 and 2003
• Co-coordinated, organized and scheduled District 14-funded summer tutoring program.
• Planned and provided effective one-on-one tutoring for challenged/low-achieving students aged 6 to11.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$250|