I would love to assist students looking to improve their French accent, grammar, cultural knowledge, writing, and conversational skills. I like to approach each lesson with an open mind. Each student has a different way that they succeed at learning and I would like to accommodate all learners. I'm interested in expanding students' French language skills while maintaining a fun and engaging learning environment.
Bonjour! I am a graduate student studying to be a French teacher. I have helped students of all ages with French throughout my high school and college years. I received a degree in International Business with minors in French and Chinese languages. I have an affinity for languages and an interest in sharing my love for the French language and culture with students.
Cancellation Policy: Must cancel lesson at least 24 hours in advance.
I am a committed individual with excellent time-management skills, cross-cultural knowledge and experience. I have a strong ability to transfer my skills from one application to another and am highly motivated to succeed. I enjoying sharing my skills and knowledge with others and I am looking for a career in teaching languages.
Bachelor of Arts Degree
Eckerd College May 2016
• Major: International Business
• Minor: French and Mandarin Chinese
• Relevant Coursework: French I,II,III, Chinese I,II, Chinese Film Studies, Quebecois Film Studies
Asian Environmental Initiatives at Xiamen University Summer 2015
• Participated in five-week grant funded research on water quality in the Taiwan Strait including mangrove restoration, plankton sampling and identification, and quantity analysis
• Interviewed and studied Non-Governmental Organizations in Beijing to determine their sociopolitical pull for environmental change in China
• Developed bilingual environmental awareness survey used to create a peer reviewed paper
French Language Immersion at the Alliance Française Winter 2013-14
• Participated in a four-week home stay and advanced French language courses in Paris
• Completed a French research project on religious integration in France
Semester Abroad in the London House Fall 2013
• Attended highly interactive political, literary, environmental, and historical courses in London
• Created a one-week research project on the economic and cultural effects of farmers’ markets across England
• Led a ten-day guided trip with peers to Belgium, Germany, and the Netherlands
District Wide Substitute Teacher Jan. 2018-Present
• Responsible for keeping students on task and assisting with any questions
• Maintain the flow of the classroom following the teacher’s requests
Assistant Manager, Rock Climbing Coach, and Social Media Marketing Admin Sept. 2015-Nov.2017
• Created a positive learning environment and helped children ages 7-17 to improve their rock climbing skills while aiding them in achieving their personal goals
• Assisted coworkers in problem solving for a more efficient work environment
• Managed inventory, taught belay classes, led tours of the facility
• Created an online voice for a rock climbing facility to strengthen the rock climbing community and advertise upcoming events, classes and new gear
• Monitored safety of rock climbers
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$33||$33|