My teaching methods depend on the level, needs and wants of the student. I usually start by asking the student what they want to be able to do musically from this point. I listen carefully to them, and get a clear sense of where to begin an instruction plan that is quickly beneficial to them.
From here I design practice instruction that is tailored to their needs. I try to make my classes less about theory, and more about actual playing. I instruct students on how to correctly progress in guitar in a way that shows rapid results, and in a way that makes them want to learn more.
This will include:
1. Various progressive material (at their level) aimed at providing a basis for practice
2. Lots of practice time where I guide students on how to gradually learn. Emphasis here is placed on providing students with the basic tools they need in order to increase their knowledge and confidence whenever playing guitar.
- More than 30 years as a guitar player & instructor.
- 21 years of experience as a teacher of communications & linguistics.
I'm easily able to adapt to any teaching situation in order to provide an instructional environment that is informative & enjoyable for students to lean & progress quickly.
- More than 30 years as a guitar player
- Studio musician & arranger
- 20 years of experience as a music producer in mastering and mixing songs.
- Studies, both professional and personal in music theory & practice include:
Jazz, Blues, Traditional Standards, Folk, R&B, Classic Rock
- Live venues, gigs, bar band, etc...
- Approx. 20 yrs., work experience as guitar repair & maintenance technician
- Avid player of all guitar types including classical, acoustic and electric
- Very competitive/reasonable rates per hour
(rates depend on level of instruction, course material needed, or traveling expense )
McGILL UNIVERSITY, Montreal, Qc. (1992-1994)
CEd. dept. (certified) Public Relations/Communications Management
CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY, Montreal, Qc. (1988-1992)
BA. dept. (Specialization) English Literature
• Guitar Trainer / Instructor (theory & practice) for more than 30 years. ( private & semi-private lessons)
• In-studio Musician (Guitarist 32yrs experience)
• Music Recording, Arranging and Development
• Sound Editing, Mixing & Mastering DAW tools: Cubase Production & Pro-Tools
• Recorded Music available upon request
• Online Sample Song Link (SoundCloud) : (concealed information)
• Instrument repair, restoration & maintenance ( guitar, bass, mandolin, banjo )
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$32||$32|