I prefer to teach in a setting of strong feedback with my students. I understand the requirements of curricula and will make sure to cover the material, but I believe that finding a student's unique interests to coax them into the field makes them eager learners.
Typical lessons will have either a small reading beforehand we can then discuss for our session, or could be help with individual work assignments.
I currently hold two Master's Degrees in both History and American Studies.
I also hold experience working as an educator, teaching university students in small classes for four years.
Lastly, I have experience with making education accessible through several years running a successful Youtube channel about history.
The travel rate is based on TTC access. If you live in the GTA and require me to travel by GO transit, we might need to discuss a different travel cost.
M.A., History Western University 2014 – 2015
M.A., American Studies, Specialization in American Culture Studies Western University 2013 – 2014
B.A. with Honours, History Bishop’s University 2010 – 2013
Youtube Content Creator Step Back History 2015 – Present
● Converted more than 33,000 subscribers and accumulated more than 1.3 million views.
● Produced more than 120 educational videos about history.
● Analyzed channel data to optimize content performance resulting in a 200% increase in various growth metrics in January of 2018.
Teaching Assistant Department of History Western University 2013 – 2017
● Prepared and facilitated tutorials in history and Literature.
● Evaluated student essays and exams.
● Engaged with students individually to answer questions, advise, and problem solve.
ESL Tutor Bishop’s University 2011 – 2013
• Mentored two students on their verbal and written English skills.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest general knowledge lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, civic education lessons for all!
Taking current affairs lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$31||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$53||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$80||$250|