I believe that every student learns in a different way and finding a students strengths is the key to helping them become successful. By teaching them in a variety of ways one can understand if the student is a hands-on student or if they prefer to be an independent learner etc.. I help the student find their learning style and focus on it so that they can achieve the best possible results.
I am in grade 12 and in the Special High Skills program for Computers and have a passion for mathematics. I am hardworking and have been on honour roll for all my years as a student. I have been tutoring for the past 3 years and helping students reach their true potential. I am also the current Prime Minister of my high school student council and am very hardworking.
• Hardworking, mature and reliable person who finishes every task given to the highest degree of effectiveness possible
• Positive and optimistic team player who is excellent at working with others
• Quick learner and adapts quickly to any environment
• Perfect attendance record and is always on time for any event
• Takes initiative and is always ready to take any opportunity which can help improve performance.
SEPTEMBER 2015 - PRESENT | MAXWELL HEIGHTS SECONDAY SCHOOL
· Finished studies in Grade 11 and going into Grade 12
· Enrolled in the Special High Skills Major in Computers
· Received Honor Roll for all previous years
· 500 volunteer hours currently accumulated
JUNE 2015| NORMAN G. POWERS
· Fannie Hislop Award for the Highest Class Average
· Math Olympics Award
· Academic and Attitude award
· On the School Student Council
SPECIAL HIGH SKILLS MAJOR IN COMPUTERS | MAXWELL HEIGHTS/CISCO | JANUARY – PRESENT
· Enrolled in the Cisco Networking Academy
· Learn and work with the internal workings of PC’s
· Install and run software on computers
TUTORING CHILDREN | SELF-EMPLOYMENT | SEPTEMBER 2015– PRESENT
· Teach Math, English, and Science to Children from ages 8-16
· Help students understand concepts learnt in class and reach ahead in their courses
DURHAM STUDENT TRUSTEE | DURHAM DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD | OCTOBER 2016 – PRESENT
· Represent the population of Maxwell Heights at the Student trustee meetings every month at the board office
· Bring back new ideas back to the school and implement strategies to create a more positive environment
STUDENT COUNCIL | MAXWELL HEIGHTS | OCTOBER 2015 – PRESENT
· Prime Minister of the School Student Council
· Help run multiple events throughout the school with a population of 1,700, such as, school dances, talent shows, spirit days, and food drives
· Dealt with large amounts of money and kept balance sheets in order to keep track of the council bank balance and stay on budget
· Previous positions include Grade 9 representative and Minister of Promotions
DECA (BUISNESS COMPETITION) PRESIDENT | MAXWELL HEIGHTS | OCTOBER 2017 – PRESENT
· Train the team of 40 students to create a hardworking and successful team of competitors
· Ran multiple training sessions to help the competitors learn business terms and concepts
· Responsible for organizing taking competitors to Toronto for 3 days of competition
PRESIDENT OF THE MUSLIM STUDENT ASSOCIATION| MAXWELL HEIGHTS | SEPTEMBER 2016 – PRESENT
· Create an inclusive environment for students to learn in
· Run Cultural day and multiple events to create an inclusive school
· Attended many board workshops oriented towards creating a hate-free environment for students
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$20||Not available||$20|