My teaching method is very individual based and I am quite adaptable to the student's learning style and will aid in his/her learning. I am also quite flexible with scheduling a class time online (even late nights where some students prefer).
I am a Kinesiology graduate from U of T and I am also former professional swimmer and dragon boat rower. I have experience working in the field and also can help you with your academic courses related to kinesiology or any health sciences
Post Secondary Students +$1/hour regardless of the package
- Bachelor of Kinesiology at University of Toronto
- Familiar with graded injury rehabilitation tool like Interferential current (IFC) treatment, ultrasound and standard first aid.
- High knowledge in gait/balance training and ADL training that can be customized for individual’s needs.
- Clear understanding of making SOAP notes
- Proven leadership through student placement at variety village where I worked with people who have mental and physical disabilities (very high knowledge in adaptive training and injury rehabilitation for individuals with many conditions throughout any age category).
- Taught over 100 Aqua-fit classes throughout my career with the main focus of injury rehabilitation and improve fitness for members of the YMCA Scarborough
- Highly proficient in time management and utilize every minute for maximum effort and efficiency.
- Trilingual – English, Tamil, and Sinhalese
Related courses completed in Academic year:
- KPE 434 - Advanced Adapted Physical Activity
- KPE 429 - Sport Management
- KPE 442 - Theory of Coaching Part II
- KPE 404 - Illness Disease and Physical Culture
- KPE 334 - Adapted Physical Activity
- KPE 322 - Psychology of Injury and Rehabilitation
- KPE 363 - Sport Medicine
- KPE 380 – Specific Application of Physical activity Exercise or Sport
- KPE 362 - Neural Basis of Human Movement
- KPE 400 - Ethics & Power in Kinesiology Physical Education and Health Fields
- KPE 321 – Population Health
- Standard First Aid CPR-C (Current)
- NCCP Coach (Current)
- NLS – Pool (Current)
- G2 Driver’s license (Current)
Related Work Experience:
- YMCA Aqua-fit Instructor - Student Placement at Variety Village - Scarborough Injury Rehab Centre – Physiotherapist Assistant
University of Toronto Faculty of kinesiology - J. Harry Ebbs Achievement Award - 2019
Perfect! Prashanth came in prepared with the foundational topics that he knows would be important for me to understand right away. We discussed the materials that we have, how we can utilize them properly, and planned for future lessons we could possibly cover if I end up picking him as a tutor. I noticed right away how he is adaptable to my learning style right from the beginning and could easily pick up when I do not understand a concept, he meets me in a language that I could easily understand using great examples. We are going for our 4th session and glad to have picked him as my tutor!
Hana is a very enthusiastic, eager to learn student who is always on time and well prepared for the class. She reviews all the materials thoroughly before the session and definitely promotes a positive learning environment.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$21||$19|
|5 hours||Not available||$100||$95|
|10 hours||Not available||$200||$190|