I approach a subject with flexibility and develop a lesson based on a student's goal i.e. passing an exam or trying to memorize names/facts in which case I develop strategies to test them and provide smaller tasks to achieve those goals.
I am a Disability Management Specialist and I have a background in Kinesiology and Physical Education. I have performed ergonomic assessment and conducted Functional Abilities Evaluation. I'm interested in sharing my knowledge with other aspiring students and help them learn human biology including anatomy, physiology and human kinetics.
DISABILITY MANAGEMENT · ADJUDICATION · RTW CASE COORDINATOR · HEALTH & SAFETY
SUMMARY OF SKILLS AND STRENGTH
• Effective (verbal and written) communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer skills: MS Office, Word and Excel, Netscape and Internet Explorer, SAP, SPSS and MII Portal Programs, Lotus Notes, Navigator and Universal Program, Parklane and Smart Simple/Acctrack.
• Professional demeanour and attentive to detail
• Experience working in multicultural and multiethnic environments
• Fast-learner, punctual and an enthusiastic individual
• Successful leader and effective team member; flexible and adjust to changing priorities
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment- high degree of independence and initiative
• Highly organized and motivated - able to multi-task and accomplish multiple objectives¬
University of Toronto 2009-2013
Bachelor of Kinesiology and Physical Education,
University of Fredericton 2017-2017
Certificate in Integrated Disability Management ( IDMP )
SCHOLARSHIPS AND CERTIFICATES
• SafeTALK trained
• University of Toronto Scholar entrance scholarship ($5000)
• Admitted to R.Tait McKenzie Society for consistent outstanding academic performance
• J. Harry Ebbs Achievement Award 2012
• Gentle Persuasion Training- Advanced Gerontological Education certification program
• Osteoporosis Canada BoneFit trained
• Completed three Outdoor Camping Projects (Summer and winter-outdoor survival skills)
• National Coaching Certification Program- Fundamental Movement Skills Certificate
• CLTE certificate: Centre for Leadership Training and Education Program
• Certificate of Appreciation as a volunteer note-taker: Office of Accessibility (U of T)
Toronto Catholic District School Board December 2017 - Present
•Return to Work/Disability Management Officer: managing high volume of complex and non-complex Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability claims, conducting and leading return to work/accommodation meetings in a unionized environment.
Acclaim Ability Management Inc. October 2015 – December 2017
•Ability Management Consultant (Disabilities Case Manager)/ Ergonomic Assessor: managing & adjudicating high volume of complex and non-complex Short Term Disability claims (union& non-union accounts), conducting functional abilities evaluation tests, and ergonomic assessments
Manulife Financial: Absence Management Solutions [contract] March 2015 – October 2015
•Disability Case Manager: Triaging, assessing and managing a high volume of Short Term Disability claims into complex versus non-complex claims, by achieving strict Service Level Agreements to obtain medical and functional information through interviews, standard and customized questionnaires and written correspondence directed at claimants, policyholders and physicians to resolve absenteeism issues identified by internal and external parties.
Bayshore Therapy and Rehab:
Seniors Wellness Division & March of Dimes Feb 2014-March 2015
•Kinesiologist: Conducting, supervising and demonstrating physiotherapy exercises (also chair yoga and Tai Chi) and instructing ‘Falls Prevention’ and ‘Osteoporosis’ classes in Peel Senior Link Retirement Residence buildings and Old-Care Homes
PhysioMed and CardioMed Clinic-Brampton May 2013- Feb 2014
•Kinesiologist: Working in a multidisciplinary healthcare team of chiropractor and physiotherapists, implemented weight loss treatment plans after health assessments, took care of the insurance, billing and fiscal/admin aspects to book patients/clients, including filling SOAP notes
Hospital for Sick Children May - Aug 2013
Research Assistant- Cardiovascular Clinical Research Unit
• Application of Research Ethics Board: collection & assistance with qualitative and quantitative analysis of research data, to deduce relationship between physical activity & patients with chronic heart diseases.
Mount Sinai Hospital
Volunteer Nursing Unit Administrator - Orthopedics Department April – Aug 2013
• Helping allied medical professionals including physiotherapists, occupational therapists, nurses, speech pathologists and social workers. Interact with patients by providing companionship (initiate and participate in activities) and engagement.
Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education, U of T
¬Advancement and Alumni Affairs Assistant Sep 2012- April 2013
¬• Supported planning, management, preparation and execution of events involving alumni. Research (sport archives), administration (practical office skills), fundraising and corporate sponsorship insight
Mount Sinai Hospital Sep 2011- April 2012
¬ X-Ray Technologist Assistant-Medical Imaging Dept.: Professional Placement (85+ hours)
¬• Interacted with patients, family members, and professional staff in an environment promoting patient and family centered care. Observed the X-Ray procedures and practiced the skills of leadership, communication, and collaboration necessary in a hospital setting
References available upon request
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, anatomy lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$18|
|5 hours||Not available||$90||$90|
|10 hours||Not available||$170||$180|