My teaching method is professional and flexible. I prepare for a lesson with enough material while accommodating to the students needs. If I feel they are struggling I intend to make sure they completely understand the material before moving on.
I am currently a 4th year student studying Computer Science in the Network Computing stream at Carleton University.
I have experience as an ESL tutor in China along with interning at a mobile app company and I briefly worked at 3 different fast food jobs.
Bachelor of Computer Science, Network Computing, Co-op Option
Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario
• September 2015 – Present
• Second Year Standing, CGPA: 7.3/12
Available up to 12 months beginning June 2018
Relevant Skills, Experiences and Accomplishments
• Exposed to programming in Java, C, C++, Python, Scheme, Prolog
• Designed and implemented web applications using Node.js framework
• Competent at Object Oriented Design
Exposed to UML in translating into code through assignments and lab work
• Familiar with Android Studio and xCode
• Programmed in the following platforms: Linux, Windows, OS X
• Familiar with Eclipse for use with developing Java programs
• Speak English and Chinese on a daily basis, also can speak French.
• Interact with coworkers and customers on a daily basis with constant verbal communication
• Experience tutoring English language to a variety of students abroad.
Dive Communications, Ottawa June – July 2015
• Worked on UI design and testing at a start-up social networking app company.
• Spent most of my time familiarizing myself with Android Studio
• Exposed to interface design and learning mobile development.
Part-time, Fast-food Cashier
Pizza Hut, Ottawa August – November 2017
• Interact with co-workers to service customers with a sense of obligation in a serious work environment.
|Capture the Flag, 2016
• Worked with Java libraries to create a visual simulation of a capture the flag game which
used various classes and math library functions to simulate players moving and interacting with each other.
Music Database CLI, 2017
• Worked using C++ and sqlite3 to create a music database in a 2nd year major project. Skills required and developed include: object oriented design, working with databases, designing a functional front end command interface and coding the background operations.
• Deans’ Honour List, 2015, Carleton University
• Entrance Scholarship for Outstanding Academic Performance
• Honour List, Pascal Math Contest (Grade 9), University of Waterloo, 2012; Ranking 138/30041
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest HTML lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, python lessons for all!
Taking microsoft excel lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$15||Not available||$15|
|5 hours||$70||Not available||$75|
|10 hours||$130||Not available||$150|