I base my classes on the learning style of each individual. My goal is to ensure that students fully understand and embrace fundamental concepts. I am committed to improving each student's learning capacity by ensuring they are completely comfortable and have full knowledge of the foundational basics so that it will be easier to build upon that knowledge and tackle advanced material.
Hi There! My name is Rachel. I am excited to help you learn and to become a well-rounded individual! I am a Graduate of Professional Accounting Program from the University of Saskatchewan. I have been a Teaching Assistant for a Managerial Accounting course at Simon Fraser University. I enjoy Accounting and Math and enjoy teaching even more!
• Strong administrative professional and CPA student with seven years of local government experience.
• Creative; analytical and enjoys problem-solving.
• Multi-tasker; organized; prioritizes work to meet multiple deadlines.
• Resourceful and self-directed; and an essential team player.
• Detail-oriented and accurate in work performed.
• Strong sense of initiative and drive for continuous improvement.
• Conversational in Mandarin Chinese.
• Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, PeopleSoft; ability to pick up financial information systems quickly.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
2020 Cashier, IGA
• Willingly provided front-line assistance to members of the public in a fast-paced, high-volume environment, delivering friendly and exceptional customer service during a stressful time.
• Achieved 300 transactions every shift and accurately maintained and balanced the cash drawer.
2012 – 2019 Customer Contact Centre Representative, Metro Vancouver Regional District
• Provided current and appropriate information within defined limits to a wide range of inquiries using sound judgement, detailed knowledge of policies and regulations, and exceptional researching skills.
• Processed over $80,000 monthly in revenue; issued receipts; processed refunds and credits; balanced and consolidated daily transactions; coordinated with accounting department to resolve discrepancies.
• Reviewed employee expense reports for accurate GL coding and appropriate approval prior to reimbursement.
• Managed and reconciled petty cash fund.
• Reviewed highly sensitive and confidential information and technical and lengthy correspondence to assist in responding to requests to access Metro Vancouver records.
• Primary point of contact for and liaison between management, the public, district politicians, customers, and staff; collaborated with staff to update departmental information and advised staff of key trends.
• Led and trained new staff.
2010 - 2012 Administrative Assistant, Community Therapists
• Organized work; created and maintained client records; formatted memos, reports and other correspondence; sorted incoming and outgoing mail; ordered office supplies; set up staff meetings.
• Accurately processed high volumes of routine and non-routine correspondence within tight deadlines.
• Reviewed invoices for approval; processed supplier invoices for payment; updated supplier profiles.
• Compiled statistical management reports.
2007 - 2009 Staff Accountant, Grant Thornton LLP
• Assisted in providing audit services for small to mid-sized companies in private and public sectors.
• Prepared tax returns for corporations and individuals.
2007 Sales Associate, Bebe Sport
• Demonstrated strong product knowledge and understanding of customers’ needs when up-selling merchandise.
2007 – 2010 Masters of Professional Accounting, University of Saskatchewan
2002 – 2007 Bachelor of Business Administration, Simon Fraser University
• Teaching Assistant for Managerial Accounting course.
• 2021 Occupational First Aid Level 2, St. John Ambulance.
• 2009 – 2010 Employee Services Volunteer, S.U.C.C.E.S.S.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest finance lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, financial management lessons for all!
Taking taxation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|