I believe as an English teacher it is important to cater the course content to the areas where the student can use the most assistance. The first step will be to determine the areas where the student(s) can use the most help and then design lessons that help improve those areas.
Lessons will involve roleplay, informal conversation, in-class assignements, and group-work where applicable.
I am a Senior Quality Assurance Manager with over 20 years of experience in High Tech companies. I have an honours degree in Management from Athabasca University and an MBA from Wilfrid Laurier University (with a specialization in Innovation and Entrepreneurship.)
A high energy Instructor with multi-faceted background instructing sales staff, customers, and partners in a variety of industries with both hands on technical labs and seminars. Exceptional presentation skills from over 10 years experience as both a sales professional and a Manager.
Achieved significant success in managing major strategic initiatives developing and implementing systems, spearheading improvements to systems, and completing projects within budget and time constraints. Meticulous attention to detail.
Innovative and strategic thinker, with sound business judgement and proven analytical, troubleshooting, and critical analysis abilities.
Unwavering commitment to quality, with in-depth understanding of risk analysis realities. Proven customer relations skills, working calmly and efficiently in deadline-oriented and constantly changing environments. Committed to continuing professional development.
Articulate communicator, skilled in presenting to small and large groups and creating clear reports, documentation, and written instructions.
Self-motivated, with the drive to succeed and a professional work ethic.
Prepared and delivered two classes for the fourth year BU491 Policy II course at Wilfrid Laurier University
Managed a team of 22 software test professionals over 10 years in the dynamic and challenging mobile device management sector
Developed and instructed numerous custom training programs of up to two days’ duration (Gerrie Automation Group)
2010 – Present BlackBerry, Waterloo
SENIOR QA MANAGER, ENTERPRISE SOFTWARE TESTING
• Manage all testing activities for five different enterprise server software products, leading a team of 13 to achieve corporate goals of quality and timeliness
• Hire and coach direct reports, identifying goals and supporting them in professional development
• Present reports and analysis of current projects to corporate executives on tracking, trends, and potential challenges
• Oversee QA and software verification and validation
• Allocating bonus and salary budgets among in-house test team
2010 – 2011 SOFTWARE TEST SPECIALIST/TEAM LEAD
• Performed software testing, contributing to several high priority strategic initiatives
2007 – 2010 Labtronics Inc. (now PerkinElmer Inc.), Guelph
• In partnership with the Account Manager, presented to customers the features and benefits of electronic lab notebook software
• Identified client current methods and potential issues, demonstrating our product line, proposing how it added value to their system, answering technical questions, and laying out a baseline of what a final solution for them would look like
• Represented the company at numerous trade shows across North America
• Trained users on new software and became one of three domain experts for the company’s product line
2005 – 2007 Gerrie Automation Group, Burlington
PRODUCT MANAGER – SOFTWARE
• Represented the largest independently owned distributor in Ontario of Rockwell Automation software, selling systems to maintenance organizations in a wide range of manufacturing industries
• Managed all internal and external training, demonstration schedules, lunch ‘n learn sessions, and special event presentations
• Consulted with senior executives, engineers at integrator companies, and individual business owners, partnering with Account Managers to identify specific requirements and sell appropriate products
• Analyzed market and major account trends and developed business plans to drive sales
• Developed simulations from plant floor to business-wide systems using Rockwell Automation software
• Provided on-site technical support and participated in webinars and other training opportunities
Apr. – Sept. 2004 D&D Automation, Stratford
(Co-op Work Term) CONTROLS & AUTOMATION TECHNOLOGIST
• Created and documented a manufacturing floor simulation program to interface with PLCs and reporting software at a systems integrator organization
2000 – 2002 PrinterOn Corporation, Kitchener
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER/QA SPECIALIST
• Managed the building, distribution, and installation of software for a team of three
• Planned and organized resources for web testing to ensure quality specifications were met
2019 – 2019 OnTESOL
2012 – 2015 Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo
MBA PROGRAM – INNOVATION & ENTREPRENEURSHIP
2006 – 2012 Athabasca University, Athabasca
BACHELOR OF MANAGEMENT (Hons.)
2002 – 2005 Conestoga College, Kitchener
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY DIPLOMA (Co-op)
1997 – 2000 College of the North Atlantic, St. John’s
COMPUTER STUDIES MIS DIPLOMA (Co-op)
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$22||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$18||$250|