My approach to teaching is very felxible, and is adapted to each student to help them learn in the best way they can. I usually spend most of the first session with the student to learn what they are required to learn, what they might be struggling with, and most importantly; how each student learns. When teaching, I like to use real world metaphors for understanding difficult concepts to help students learn to connect different ideas to give them a better understanding of the material, as well as help them discover the most effective ways for them to learn. I want to see students learn in ways that help them not only understand their class material, but also help them develop the characteristics, critical-thinking and out-of-the-box thinking that will help them stand out, and become essential in their professional careers.
I am a second year Engineering Student at Dalhousie University. I have been tutoring since highschool where I tutored grade 9 mathematics, and since then I have helped people with calculus, chemistry, and physics at both the highschool and university level.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Dalhousie University - Halifax, NS
September 2019 - Present
Riverview High School
September 2014 - June 2019
Summer Camp Cabin Leader
Camp Wildwood (2014-2019)
- I worked both as a volunteer and paid cabin leader at Camp Wildwood, as it was an overnight camp, myself and another cabin leader would be in charge of 8-12 campers in a cabin for a week at a time, our job was to take care of, connect with, and entertain campers for their entire stay at camp.
Area 52 (April - August 2020)
- Over the spring and summer of 2020, I worked as an essential worker at Area 52, manufacturing food cleaning, and processing machines, as well as going into the field to do repairs, and install upgrades. This job allowed me to be exposed to many different applications of the math, physics and other topics I learned in highschool, why they are important, and what these concepts look like in the real world. This experience gives me a great ability to relate conceptual material to the real world, and give insight into different career paths students have available to them through math and sciences.
Additional Skills and Achievements:
- In the 2016/2017 school year, I was an International Exchange Student in Brazil, I lived there for approximately 9 months, and during my stay, I learned to speak Portuguese.
- I am a native English speaker, but I am a capable French speaker and I am an intermediate Portuguese speaker.
- I am a very open person with a warm and empathetic personality.
- I have a passion for my studies, and I wish to pass on the knowledge I've been given to others who have a love for learning.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||$15|